thread: Maybe looking at getting a new car

Jul 2006
    Cloud nine :D

Maybe looking at getting a new car

These are the requirements...

7 seater
    2002 model - preferably NEWER (thanks Onyx, lol)
    manual but will do auto if i have to
    safe
    spacious
    good fuel economy
    does well on long drives and good around town
    doesn't cost an arm an leg to service/rego/insure

Hit me with your best idea's... Because I am completetly Clueless!!!

Mar 2004
    Sparta

Why does it need to be older than 2002? Most people want newer models. I'm intrigued.

For cheap servicing and reliability you probably want to look to the Japanese cars. Honda make a 7 seater and they are generally a reliable brand.

Jul 2006

LOL - that's what i meant - Sorry blonde moment... will change that... I don't want them any older then 2002...

So far the Holden Captiva, Mitsubishi outlander and Pajero are catching my eye...

Jul 2009
    Out North, Vic

Toyota Kluger

The captiva's were nice.
    Honda Odyssey

BellyBelly Life Subscriber

Jul 2008
    Eastern Surburbs, Melbourne

What about the Kia Grand Carnival. Has 7 seats, lots of cup holders , spacious, and can be auto or manual

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

A car like mine!!!!!! Mazda MPV - 2005 model. Its awesome.

ETA - mine is an automatic, however, the reason we loved it when we took it for a test drive is because it didn't feel like a big car, and all the other 7 seaters we took for a drive felt like tanks on the road for me. I'm only short, so need a car that doesn't make my reversing ability up to **** LOL

Jul 2006

Mel we'LL have to catch up so I can check out your car

I wont be seriously looking until my Dad comes down and cokes around with me, I am hopeless, lol!

I like my little 'indy' which I love, but its too small, and I'm thinking about the future!

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Tapatalk 2

Dec 2008

I'd probably go for the Honda Odyssey, they're beautiful cars. A friend of mine has one and it's like a station wagon that can seat 7 people. It's great on fuel too, cheaper than a commodore to run. Hers is the 4cylinder, not the bigger one that looks like a bus. I really love it and Honda's are great cars, they're a little more pricey but worth it.

Mar 2004
    Sparta

I agree with Tinks. I rode shotgun in my friend's Odyssey and it was awesome. Like driving around in a lounge chair.

Probably be cheaper to run than any of the SUV style vehicles you mentioned.

Jul 2006

Ohhh will have to have a look at the Odyssey....

Sent from my T-Hub2 using Tapatalk 2

Mar 2006

I have the Kia Sorrento & it's a great car