Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

Default $600 per child payment

I haven't received the $600 per child payment from the govt yet this year. I thought I usually got it about june/july. Has anybody else got theirs yet or still waiting?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum..I couldn't figure out which one to use. It is a parent payment though.

Thanks
    Cathy

I haven't got mine yet but we only put our tax in 1.5weeks ago. So i expect we'll get it in a week or 2.

Unless you are receiving a Parenting Payment, you will have to wait until your tax is completed and the ATO and the FTO cross reference their records.

Have you informed Centrelink or the Family Tax Office that you do not need to lodge a tax return ?? (if you haven't worked in the last year) You need to personally tell them. I was caught out with that last year.

Love

who is elligable for that payment??

Hi,

If you dont need to lodge a tax return and your on parenting payment you have to call them and tell them that you dont need to lodge.I was waiting for it and i didnt know i have to call and tell them so lucky i called nd asked about it.I will be getting mine on monday!!! yay.
    Also this year its more than $600,i will be getting $914,not to sure why but i think there is a payment for both family tax benifit A and B.

hey guys, what is the criteria for it? Who is elligable? We only recieve FTBB and maybe I'm not.....?

As far as i know, everybody should receive it Kerrie. It is simply a payment to help you pay off any debt you incur with the FAO and if you have no debt, you get the whole $600 per child.

ok, just rang ATO and people who get only FTB part B only get $300 (and something). That's only once DH has done his tax return and not per child (Grrrr, could have used that money. *L* Oh well, just have to send the kids off to work in the mines now hehe)

Yeah the $600 per child is for those that receive Family Tax Part A the $300 per family is for those that receive family Tax Part B. So if you receive both A & B you get both

Love

Does it matter if you only get paid a small amount of part A ?
    With DH changing his job this year we had to up his income and our payments where put on stop until now.

Nope it doesn't Michelle. You can receive either part or all of it to be eligible.

Love

Wow.I checked the centrelink site and then broke the figure down ....out of my $3000(6 kids) I get a large family arrears payment of $1.16! Huge amount hey!

OK Now I'm really confused. I need to lodge a tax return because I was working up until I had Em which was May. For Half of May and all of June I received the full amounts of FTB A & B. I have also received a letter saying they underpaid me on these amounts and they have since paid me the $112.

I am about to lodge my tax return - there is a baby bonus section in there but this is for $500 and for babies born before July 2004 - is this what people are referring too?? Do I qualify for the $600 or $300 payment?? And if so how do I go about claiming it?? Or is it part of my tax return? Hrmmmm... can you tell I'm a little confused!!!

Thanks guys!!

Ooh! how exciting. I don't have to lodge a return this year cause I haven't worked. Best get DH to hurry up and lodge his so I can claim Centrelink payment.

Thanks for starting this thread or else I wouldn't know I should be getting it and had to ring to get it too.

Sorry to chime in here but I might be able to help some of you.

I have received my payment already. I was talking to Centrelink last week and they said that the FTA Supplement will be processed between 17 and 27 July and they were hoping to have all payments made into bank accounts by the 2nd week of August. This is of course, provided relevant tax returns have been lodged and after all reconciliations are done.

In my case, I knew that my ex had done his tax return and received his tax refund as well as the child support reconciliation because I had received notification from the CSA to advise me of my new payments.

I got the money on Friday and today my statement from Centrelink. The information given in the Important Information section says:

Your Family Tax Benefit includes a Part A and Part B Supplement of $XXXXX. This is included in your entitlement after the end of the financial year, when your payments are checked. The Supplement amount may be used to reduce overpayments received during the financial year.

The FTB Part A Supplement (for two children) is: $1255.60
    The FTB Part B Supplement (for two children) is: #306.60

Hope this helps.

Lisa

Lea - I have PM'ed you in more detail, but no you wont get the baby bonus so don't worry about that, and as you haven't had Em for the whole financial year you will only get part of the $600.00 per child.

At tax time in 2004 when Lachlan was only 2 mths old I only got part of the $600.00 per child for him as I had not had him for the whole financial year, but I received the full amount for Kameron.

Love

rona Guest

You still recieve that $500 on top of your $600 until your child is 5 years old. I recieve it every year.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast