Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: $600 per child payment

Thanks heaps for that BG, I have already received some money owed from underpayment as I had over estimated, I think what I will do is ring centrelink on tuesday and go through it with them,
    thanks again, you have helped me out alot

does this $600 just automatically show up in our bank accounts?

if you're ftb current and both have done your taxes, and you overestimated, then yes, it will be paid either with your tax return, or into the bank account that your FTB payments go into

if you have a tax liability, it will be garnished to pay that

Once you have lodged your tax return it will come in with your return. Its usually not two separate payments. So on your bank statement it wont be $xxx Tax return PLUS $600, It will be one lump sum.
    If you don't need to lodge a tax return you need to inform the family assistance office.

Also, it wont happen till both you & your partner have lodged your returns (or notified them on a non lodgement)

ok, so, i got a cheque for the tax depart yesterday. that would of included the $600? i thought maybe it would be listed as a seperate item.

If it came with your tax return it would be itemised on your Notice of Assesment. If it came seperately it would be in your account and you would receive a letter from FAO

if it came with your tax return, and your tax return is more than you expected, look it over - it will say on there something about FAO supplement payment or similar. if it's what you were expecting for tax return, it's possible more will come. if you have online access to your FAO account, have a look - it will show on there when it is due to be paid if all info is received.

thanks. it says "FTB reconciliation credit amount". so maybe i will get some more. I will have a look online, i need to edit some info anyway.

nope ftb reco credit is the finalisation of your ftb dealings for the year - couldnt' remember the exact way it was worded on notice of assessment!

thanks all. esp BG, your help and advise is appreciated. I am so new to all this, sorry for all the questions.

don't stress - if i can help, i will!

just want to bump this as there are q's relating to it now that we're nearing tax time

fwiw - i had to call fao today - none of these payments will issue until july 16. for single parents on pps or other income support for at least 300 days it will be paid automatically between july 16 and mid august. for everyone else it will wait until your actual income is received from ATO or you notify FAO you have no need to lodge a tax return. information from both partners is required...

I rang centrelink the other week (unreplated question) and I asked about this as well. Now just to make sure I have my info right..

I have to ring tomorrow and say no I don't lodge a tax return. Dh did his Tax yesterday (we are going away so did it early) So I should recieve my payment sometime this month

Is there anything else I need to do. oh and I think they saud I could do it online but im not sure how to

do it online if you're registered nic! all you have to do is find the bit that allows you to notify that you're not lodging a tax return - it should all update tomorrow. the phones will be ridiculously busy (even worse than normal) for at least the next month with those calls and people asking "when do i get my six hundred dollars"

the system will then wait until your DH's income tax info comes through - unfortunately, the ATO don't feed the info through in order received - i found last year some of the earliest lodgers were the people that had to wait longer for info to come through. if it comes through before July 16, it will process on that date and be in your bank two working days later - otherwise it will be two working days after the information is received from ATO

you can put in your non-lodger details anytime between now and july 16 and you'll get the same result time wise

Ah ok.. I didn't want to ring tomorrow as I knew it would be busy so hopefully I find it no worries.

Thanks for the info

This has probably been asked, but anyhoo...

Is this $600 per child? or per family?

I remember getting $900 last year (not part of my top-up), the $600 bonus and a $300 bonus... should find my paperwork to see what that was LOL

It's $686.20 per FTB A child and $335.80 per family (if you receive FTB B)

Thanks

So I'll get $686.20 x 2
    and $335.80 x 1

For having 2 kids and getting both part A and B FTB?

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast