Thread: CCB Assessment Notice

Default CCB Assessment Notice

I guess this is a heads up for anyone recieving CCB.
    We got out CCB assessment notice today which said we were eligible for 0%
    Given that we are under the income threshold where the eligibility for payments cuts out I rang the FAO, and spoke to a lovely young lady who was very helpful.

She explained that because we had previously claimed for the base rate, and there is no longer a base rate, the system automatically put us to 0%, and that it has happened to a lot of customers.

She did out assessment based on our income estimate and its 24%. Big difference

Its also more than the 16% we got as the base rate, not sure that's right
    anyone..BG?

So be aware that you may be assessed as 0% if you were previously on the base rate, and to ring up if you think its wrong!

We are now on 5%

we get 108.5% I think they made an error have been trying to get through to them for ages now.

That's great Mel - they pay you to put your kids in childcare

I got a 0% as well so I had better check on that.

nai - if your combined annual income is under 126,793 you should get some % over 0.

Thanks - I will definitely give them a call tomorrow then!! That's so misleading - I bet they get out of paying millions in CCB by providing such poorly worded information!!!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I just called FAO to update my income estimate and they confirmed that you earn anything over $110 000 combined (for one child in daycare) then you get no benefit, but still get the 50% rebate.

We get 0% and 2 kids in CC, its not cheap.

DD1 goes 2 days a week (7 hours a day total 14 a week)
    DD2 goes 1 day a week (7 hours)

So 21 hours of care per week

I feel for the FT parents who use CC and get 0%

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

We do 4 days a week and get 0%, and it will be rough for us from now until we get our first quaterly payment in Oct. But them's the breaks. It'll mean we have to pay an extra $25 or so a week from now on.

for anyone that is thinking having your assessment reduced to 0% means you get nothing at all - that's not the case. what it means is that your CCB will be paid at the end of the financial year when you've confirmed your income. anyone with one child in care, with income above 110k will still get CCB until the income cut off of 126k (or just over) will still receive some sort of CCB (fee reduction to child care) each week. for anyone that has opted to have their CCB held til the end of the year will have it calculated then, and will receive a lump sum payment direct to them instead of to the child care

mel, the 108.5% is for someone who has three or more kids in child care, and their income is below the low income threshold, or they receive an income support payment. doesn't mean you get all your child care and then some paid - means that, when you have all three kids in care during the week, you get more than the basic amount paid - so instead of gettin $3.47 paid per hour per child, you get that PLUS another 8.5% of that amount

rayray - i would say what has happened is you were getting basic CCB last year at the "minimum" rate, with the rest paid at tax time. now that you've been assessed based on your income estimate, you're getting a higher amount - but will get less of a "top up" at tax time

hope that's answered everyone's questions...

I just want to add that we also got the letter saying 0% (which sadly is correct in our case), but I think it was a very confusing letter. It states that we are eligible and that our amount is 0%. I would have thought there would be a clearer way to word that. I'll bet they get a lot of calls from people who are confused!

i think it is worded terribly - but it IS worded correctly (how's that for confuzzling!) - you ARE eligible for CCB, but your current income means you're not eligbile for fee reduction. you have to be eligbile for CCB to get CCR, so it's telling you that in a really really bad way!

and yes, i've had a call or two this week...

Hi - this is mainly for briggsy's girl - because she seems to know EVERYTHING !

With the percentage thing on the CCB - my daughter goes to after school care two or three times a week and my son is in long day care once a week (friday, the same day Cait is in ASC) - is there any reason why they would have different percentages attached to them ?

I'm sure this all gets sorted out in the end - but last year, I'm sure I got two or three payments - top ups and out of pocket expenses. I thought I got it all back when I did my tax return and the then partner had done his - but it kept dribbling in after that !