Thread: Centrelink

Default Centrelink

Not sure if this is the right spot....

just curious is the Family Tax benefits supplement is still something families get?

You know the one where you get $600 or something like that per child? at tax time?

I cant remember if that went out when the baby bonus payments increased. We think we got it last year though but can't remember?

Anyways hope someone can help..

yup! still payable once your taxes are done. the system calculates whether you've been paid the correct ftb through the year (so if you over/underestimated etc) and then will work out what is owed to you. if you correctly or overestimated, you'll get around $667 per kidlet for ftba, and, if you qualify for fttb, $324 per family. they're known as supplements

also, if you've over estimated, you'll get a top up, underestimated, some or all of those supplements will be used to counter the debt - if you have a previous year FTB debt, it will also be paid before you see your supplements.

it's only payable once both of you have done your tax. if you're not lodging a tax return, you need to let FAO know what your earnings (if any) have been. if you're single, have been single the whole year, and on an income support payment for more than 300 days, your supplements will automatically be processed (just thought i'd throw that in in case a single person is reading and wondering!)

hope that helps

BG

ah ok.. thats what i thought Just wasn't sure if the payment was still current with the new maternity payments!!

nah, the supplements look to be an ongoing thing. even though the claim form is the same for both maternity/baby bonus/whatever the hell they'll call it on january 1 - the payments are seperate and stand alone, so changes to one, won't necessarily impact the other

Cool.. Thanks for replying We were just talking about it the other day and thought they had discontinued them.. they will come in nice and handy for us thats for sure..