Thread: Child Care Question

Question Child Care Question

My DS has been in daycare now for about 3 weeks. The centre he goes to said we should be eligible for another rebate, not the CCB (already get that), but one thats paid quaterly.

Now I rang CL about the other payment and they said I dont qualify because I'm not working/looking for a job/studying, ect. Which is what I thought anyway.

So is that the deal?

If I take up a course, and do it at home (I am pregnant, going into tafe isnt an option) would I then qualify for the other rebate?

I know I should ask CL, but I really hate ringing them... I only have a mobile.

Sally, the information should be available on their website also. I think you have to be working or studying for a minimum number of hours to meet the work/study rule - I think it might be 12 hours a week. I am not sure on the requirements for study, but I would think studying at home would be fine, as long as it's a recognised course (which most would be I'm sure).

I'm not sure if studying a course at home qualifies...Im sure it would be on their website somewhere.

But the work/study/training qualification is a minimum of 15 hours per week

Thanks for that

Will have a look later on.

both yourself and your partner need to be engaged in approved work/study or training for a minimum of 15 hours per week to qualify for the quarterly rebate.

Sorry to hijack your thread - so is it right to assume that once on maternity leave you are no longer eligible for the quaterly rebate as you don't meet the study/training test?
    Would you then need to notify of your change in circumstance? Very confusing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mak View Post
    Sorry to hijack your thread - so is it right to assume that once on maternity leave you are no longer eligible for the quaterly rebate as you don't meet the study/training test?
    Would you then need to notify of your change in circumstance? Very confusing!
    if you are on Mat leave and will be returning to work, you still qualify as you are considered to be employed. if you decide to NOT return to work, you need to notify as soon as possible (same as to your employer) as you will no longer be considered employed

Default Phew...

Thanks Briggsy's Girl - you are amazingly quick and your advice much appreciated! My poor 4mo baby only gets a look in on the day her big sister goes to cc - as awful as that sounds.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mak View Post
    Thanks Briggsy's Girl - you are amazingly quick and your advice much appreciated! My poor 4mo baby only gets a look in on the day her big sister goes to cc - as awful as that sounds.

Cheers!
    it's not awful at all! a lot of new mum's will continue to put older children in day care to give them one on one time with baby - and it helps keep kidlets in the habit of day care for when mum goes back to work