Thread: Child Care Rebate...we get it when?

Question Child Care Rebate...we get it when?

Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of the Child Care Rebate is paid at the end of each financial year, or the end of each calendar year?

I've had a look on the Government website, and it just refers to it being paid at the end of the year - but nothing to indicate which type of year they're talking about.

Anyone have any ideas? We did our tax today and we're just about to move house so the CCR would come in very handy for moving costs and some savings/advance payments on our new mortgage.

Sorry - this is probably a really dumb question...and I have tried calling the Family Assistance Office to ask but I can't get through, I just get an engaged signal and I've been trying for an hour...

Thanks in advance to anyone who might know!

It should come to you at end of financial year once you have done your tax. So it won't be far away

Ah - great, thanks Kylie & BG!! I checked out that link and it all makes sense now

Thanks again!!

I just checked my FA online and will be receiving my final quarter 50% rebate on the 6th (2 days away).

Neither myself or my husband have done our tax returns.

I thought it was not to be done until after tax returns were lodged, but this is obviously not the case in my situation. I went online to check after talking to a friend who received hers late last week.... We do not receive any CC benefit, so maybe this is what is holding up some people's payments?

if you have opted to ONLY have CCR and no CCB (cos you know your incomes will be too high) it will be processed without any other information being provided

I got mine paid on Tuesday and I havent done my taxes. The kind lady said because I pay full fares and only get CCR thats why I got it without doing my taxes.