Thread: C'link/tax Q for disability payment - etax

Question C'link/tax Q for disability payment - etax

I'm doing my dad's tax return online for him. He recieved some super through the year, so needs to do a return.
    I did the pre fill & his c'link info comes up, but under tax exempt. It doesn't come up automatically in the government payments section.
    He's on the disability support pension. It says under it
    If you recieved income that is tax exempt, you do not need to include it on your tax return as income. However, you may need details of your tax exempt amounts as some items in e-tax ask you to show your tax exempt pansion income and/or tax free government pensions.
    Does that mean I don't need to add it anywhere? He has had no other income at all.
    I'm assuming because its an income support payment (I think it is) it doesn't have to be included. Just want to be sure before lodging.

i am not sure hun. a lot of disablity customers are calling for payment summary information as they say they need it on their tax returns so maybe it does need ot be included...

I can't find where though. Maybe I should manually enter it into the government payments part. I can't ring them myself can I? Dad would have to.

you can ask a generic q of the ATO given your dad's circs...

Ok, thanks.

disability support pension is NOT taxable income but from memory there is somewhere in e-tax where it asks if you have received any tax-exempt income or government payments? Asking the ATO will be your best bet