Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Family tax supplement

Default Family tax supplement

Can anyone help me. When I rang a while back to update my income estimate I was told the supplement would go through within the first 2wks of July. Today I've been told they don't start going through until the 15th July. Anyone know when it goes through. TIA.

Regards,
    Dianne

I wasn't sure, but mine last year went through on the 17th July, so I'm assuming they start the processing from July 1.

Can someone tell me how you qualify for this payment ...and what is it actually for?

the FTB supplement is a part of your FTB payment that is held back until the end of the financial year. basically, because you have to estimate your income (which is damn hard) it's a bit of a safety net - if you under estimate, rather than getting an immediate debt, they take the amount out of your supplements before you get them

for single customers that have been on an income support payment all year, they will start processing these on July 15. it will take 2-3 weeks to process them all into peoples accounts.

if you are single and have not been on income support for the bulk of the year (i think the cut off is 300 days or something) OR you are partnered, you will need to wait until your tax return is done - the ATO provide your details to FAO automatically. it usually takes about 2 weeks from when you get you tax return notice of assessment. BOTH partners need to have done their tax to get this. (last financial year the ATO switched their systems over and there were MAMMOTH delays, so don't hold me to this time frame!)

if you have no need to lodge a tax return (nil or very low income) you will need to notify BOTH ATO and FAO that you have no need to lodge.

my understanding is that Reconciliation (processing of payments) has started on friday - but it will only be for customers who both don't need to lodge (situations like one partner on parenting, one on disability - both for over 300 days of the year) who have received all of their payments for the previous financial year. (if you get your FAO payment on monday, it has been processed this financial year so all previous financial year details have been done). the mutual linkage between ATO and FAO won't open until around the 15th i believe.

FWIW - getting your taxes done throught ATO before the 15th may actually delay your payments coming. this is not something "official", it is something i have seen myself - from what i can gather, the mutual link system will only allow so much "traffic" each day - so when the system establishes that link, it allows through THAT days results, plus some of those processed from the 1st to the 15th. the next day, same thing - until all those early ones are processed acrossed. i don't know this for fact at all, it's just something i have witnessed myself

hope that explains it all

BG

thanks for that info BG

I havent earnt any money for the last tax year, I recieved PPS for the last 6 months and before that I was living with my husband and was a full time SAHM. I want to know if i need to do a tax return or just ring and let them know that I wont be lodging a tazx return this year.

Any one have any idea?

Widdly - check with Centrelink, from memory PPS is a taxable income.

ETA: found it: http://www.centrelink.gov.au/interne...029_0909en.pdf
    so as it's a taxable income, you'll need to do a tax return. Have a look at e-tax, it's really simple and the data *might* be available online from Centrelink. Might not be though.

Widdly - you would need to wait til your XH's return is done. I think you also need to ring c'link & let them know you don't need to lodge a return.
    When his is done, it will go through from ato to c'link, then your payment will be processed.

widdly, your details will wait until either your ex does his return or until forced reconcilliation in November (from memory - they decided to hold off on retraining me until later this month for some reason lol) - at forced reconcilliation, your details will be reconciled based on the most recent estimate on file for your ex. if he later does his ITR and shows he has a lesser income than estimated, you would get a top up. i honestly can't remembe for sure

apart from carers payment and disability pension (i think) all c'link payments are taxable. you would need to do a tax return. they are paid at a level that, if they are your only income, you would not have to pay tax on them (i think - again, i'm working from memory of a couple of years ago!). the e tax system should be pretty straight forward and you'll be able to do that - if you have additional things you want to claim though (net medical expenses, child education rebates) i would consider speaking to an accountant as it's not something you want to bugger up and get a debt later.

thanks so much everyone

XH mentioned the other day that he was keen to do his tax asap, hopefully he does as my car REALLY needs new tyres and my dog REALLY needs to be spayed!

I shall attempt a return on line once XH has filed his

Default hi

yes i was wondering i have a centrelink website and it shows my payday but it doesnt show my supplment? does anyone else have this or is it because they havnt processed it all yet?

oh i hope ella reads this thread this could be your hair cut sweet!!!!!!

Default Family tax supplement

I went on the clink website yesterday and it told me I get my FTB supps tomoro. What I am confused about is clink told me I would get money back that got taxed out of my PPS... Is this true or did they mean the supplement? Caus I filled in my etax and double checked it and it doesn't say I'm getting a return? Haven't lodged it yet caus I wasn't sure if it wa correct?

the supplements will only show on your online services once they are processed - which is 2 working days before it hits your bank account

TM - the money you have paid as tax has to come back through your tax return - if it's not showing up there, you need to check with the ATO and see if you have missed something on etax

do i and hubbie need to put my tax in first the recieve this?

Sure do, Squid. If you or your partner receive any income that is not from clink during the financial year, then the sups wait for the tax return reconciliation. It is just in case you were overpaid during the year so they can fix it up without slugging your regular payments.

cool we over estamated by about 30 thousand

I'm acutally excited this year as I have also over estimated by $20,000 (got caught out last year and ended up with a debt) and we didn't get our FTB through the year so we should get that too. I'm hoping and praying that we get a nice payment from centrelink, fingers crossed!! The main thing is I'm hoping that I haven't stuffed up again and we end up with another debt.
    Is the supplement we are talking about the $600 that we got last year for each child??

Yes - but this year it is $711.75 per child.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast