Thread: Getting my FTB going again???

Default Getting my FTB going again???

DH and I have just done our 2008/09 tax! Yes, way behind as DH started a new business this year and we have been totally consumed by it. For the 08/09 year I overestimated our income so we would not have a debt to the extent where we got nothing that year. From looking at our tax it looks like we will have been entitled to some so hopefully when our tax returns go through we will hear from Centrelink. However we did not get any letter asking us to estimate our income for the 09/10 year or 10/11 year so I am a bit worried that we have "fallen through the cracks".
    When we start putting our tax returns in again will Centrelink automatically give us some money for the 08/09 year or do I need to do something to get it going again? We were doing OK in 08/09 but we seem to be going backwards now.

You should probably give them a call to see if you are still current, when Centrelink receives the information from the ATO they may automatically pay you what your are owed for the 08/09 financial year. Or you may have to lodge a lump sum claim form (is not too detailed so don't worry).

You may want to discuss the option of the being made current for FTB but received 0 rate, then you won't have to worry about lump sum claims from now on you will just automatically get paid when your tax information for both you and your partner come through.

Thanks Megs. Your second paragraph describes what I thougth I had done but I thought they would send me forms every year if that was the case so now I am a bit confused.
    anne