Thread: Has anyone got their childcare rebate back yet from the April, May, June quarter?

Default Has anyone got their childcare rebate back yet from the April, May, June quarter?

I dont remember it taking this long before and I need to pay this months childcare fees!

child care rebate is not started until basically now (the child care centres have three weeks after the start of the first week starting in a new quarter to submit usage details). no reconcilliation will have started yet. off hand i think it's actually the 26th that the first payments will be processed. it will then only be processed if yours/partners tax details have been finalised

Thanks BG.
    Can I ask what you mean about tax details being finalised? I havent done our tax yet for the last financial year.

As far as I am aware it only comes to you once you have both completed your tax returns (for this payment only).

From what I have read and what BG just said... The Child care rebate will be comming with the Adjustments of FTa+B... So once you do your Tax for 09/10 they will send off to centerlink and it will all be one lump sum... Is that right BG?

So I don't do anything to claim the rebate or FTB? It's just done automatically once my H's tax is done (and my "no need to do tax" form)?

you have to have done your tax to get your final quarter payment (unless you are ONLY claiming CCR - if you're claiming CCB, you need to do your tax - nothing will happen until that's done)

meow - you need to notify BOTH ATO and FAO if you're not lodging a tax return

I've just checked my centrelink thingy and it has on there i'll be paid the reconciliated FTA/B but it hasn't got about CCB? Does this mean it could be coming seperately?

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    meow - you need to notify BOTH ATO and FAO if you're not lodging a tax return
    Thank you! Very helpful

Are you talking about the 50% child care rebate you get back from you child care fees. I have yet to recieve mine but i checked my last payment and it was given towards the end of the last month so I am saying late july.

no child care payments will be generated until at least monday. the child care centres have a certain period of time to get the info to FAO before the payments start being processed. the system is being update over the weekend and will start processing things on monday
    if you haven't completed your tax details, it doesn't matter WHEN you got it for the first three quarters of the year, you won't receive it until all your actual taxable income details are received by FAO/c'link from the ATO

Thanks BG. I get it now. Gee I am aglad I asked because I dont normally do our tax until much later in the year but will do it this weekend now.

yeah a good idea to do it early, cos you'll get your ftb reco results too!

As BG said you need to get your tax done before the final rebate will be processed as they have to reconcile the amount of CCB across the year on actual vs estimated income. Then you need to contact the FAO separately for FTB stuff.

once tax is done, all of it will reconcile - no need to contact fao unless you're are not lodging a tax return for some reason, or if you need to do a lump sum claim for your ftb.