Thread: immunisation allowance

Default immunisation allowance

was just wondering what age that they pay it and do they do it automatically, I took my book into medicare as I did when the others were younger and they said that they no longer use that it has to go through the doctors records to the immunisation registers ect but hoe will centerlink know..........do they check it regulary?

normally after their last one about 18 mths the doctor or who ever you go and get them done with send it all of to the immunisation mob ( part of medicare ) and the money normally goes straight into you account if you have one with centrelink as they are all connected. so dont worry about it, it will come if not you can always go to the medicare web site where they tell you all about it ( I think )

mine just appeared in my account one day. I figured they just married it up with the details from the baby bonus.

How much is the allowance?

apparently you recieve it when bubs is 19 months 3 days! you get half-$236 now and the other half at age 4

I actually rang Centrelink about this just today. It does get paid automatically into your bank account (provided they have your bank account details on file). They automatically check a child's records when they reach 19 months of age (varicella jab due at 18 months). In any case, they just wait for notification from the immunisation provider (GP, local council) and then process the payment.

I assume if they don't have your account details they send a cheque, I didn't ask though, because they have mine from when I got paid the baby bonus.

It gets paid before the child turns two (provided all jabs are up to date). As for the amount not sure of the exact amount, think it's about $200???

I have heard that you still get it if you choose not to vaccinate as long as you have put in a contentious objectors form through your dr. But havent confirmed that with centrelink

Quote Originally Posted by AJP View Post
    apparently you recieve it when bubs is 19 months 3 days! you get half-$236 now and the other half at age 4
    sorry AJP have to correct you on that one - if you receive your Maternity immunisation allowance before july 1, you get the full amount - so $236 or thereabouts. After July 1, it will be split into two payments - when bubs is between 18 and 24 months, and the other half between 4yrs 3 months and 5 years. the budget this year changed it to the "half at 18 months, half at four" thing, but until july 1, the whole thing is paid at once.

if you have provided FAO/Centrelink your medicare number, or agreed to have it stored on the system when you did your baby bonus claim, it will pay automatically once data matching is done with the childhood immunisation register. if you're uncertain, give FAO a call and they can check if your medicare number is on file, and if not, they can upload it.

hope that helps

BG

Quote Originally Posted by krysalyss View Post
    I have heard that you still get it if you choose not to vaccinate as long as you have put in a contentious objectors form through your dr. But havent confirmed that with centrelink

yup, it pays automatically if you have conscientious objection form lodged, or if your child is behind due to illness and your Dr lodges a catch up plan

the 18 month needle isn't compulsory either - when the MIA started, it was, but isn't anymore in some states, so they give you til 18 months to have your kidlet up to date with 12 month injections

DD2 didn't have 18 month one as had chicken pox at 6 months.

I did get my payment though as it was put on her record that she was immune already.

I didn't know about the 2 seperate payments though. Glad I do now.

i got it. 267 i think it was or there abts. my DS was 18mths...i just had to prove that h was up todate and hand in the form and yeah

I got $266 and it was paid into my account about a week after Matilda got her 18mth needle.

I got it about 2 weeks ago when Chelsea had just turned 19 months and it was $236.70 to be exact! No 18 month needle done yet...but as BG said in one of my posts (and possibly in here) they go by the fact your child is up to date at the 12 month mark.

Hi briggsy's girl - just to correct you on the date it is actually 1 January (not July) that the MIA pyt is split into 2 equal payments.

Jas and Ella