Thread: K Rudd bonus!

Default K Rudd bonus!

Hi there, i'm currently recieving FTB A and B. At the beginning of March i recieved $900, through my centrelink payment. I was just wondering if i will get another $900 through the tax department as i did my 08-09 tax return and i worked last financial year. A friend a work said i would but i didn't think i did. Has anyone got any idea?
    Thanks in advance for any advice
    Angie

yep. i got both lots of $900. recieved the tax one at the begining of the week. but i know they were saying it could take up to 6 weeks for it to come through.

I got the 1st but dont qualify for this one... I earnt over 20,000 am over 18 put on a tax return which they were saying on the news and things was the requirement,.... But i have no tax liability.... even though i paid tax i got it all back so dont qualify... wish they had of explained it better...

Quote Originally Posted by HeyGoodLooking View Post
    I got the 1st but dont qualify for this one... I earnt over 20,000 am over 18 put on a tax return which they were saying on the news and things was the requirement,.... But i have no tax liability.... even though i paid tax i got it all back so dont qualify... wish they had of explained it better...
    Really? I think I may have gotten all my tax refunded too, so that means I won't get it

you have to have a tax liability for 07/08 and, from what i've read, if that liability is less than the $900, you'll only get the amount of tax you actually paid.

OK, Ive just been on the ATO website to check.
    There are no parial payments, you either get 900, 600, 250 or nothing depending on what you income was, and you need to have paid $1 in tax because they always round down.

There is a calculator on there that will tell you if you are eligible, and how much for, so as a test I fudged some figures and said i earned 30K, and made it so my tax liability was $100 -- it said I would get $900 based on that info.

what abt if u oue the tax ppl money

Default formosan identity

I was thinking about this to. I got the first 900 from centrelink and was pretty sure id get the second one to, but im still waiting. hopefully ill get it.

wish they'd hurry up, i could use it

Oh I'm so confused!!

I did the calculator thing on the ATO website as well and it says I'm eligible for $900. BUT I was refunded all the tax that I paid in 07/08! I guess I'll just call the ATO tomorrow and ask...bleh

Wish it would just hurry on up!