thread: lump sum carer payments

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

lump sum carer payments

I'm just wondering if some one can clear this up for me.. I was trying to do a bit if budgeting last night so was looking into all the end of financial year payments we get. As a carer I receive both the carer allowence for three of my children. I also receive the carer payment. What are the lump sum payments assosiated with these payments? Do they apply to each child or just me ( so is it three payments or just one?)
    Also, do we still get the ftb supplement payments.

It sounds really crazy but I have worked out that we will possibly get close to ten grand in lump sum payments over the next couple of months. That can't be right? Can it?

Dec 2006
    In my own private paradise

You will get carer supplements for each person you get carer allowance for plus for the carer payment (one only). You'll also get the child payment for carers (can't remember name) for each child

You'll get the ftb supplements like anyone else once your tax stuff is finalized

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2004
    Cairns QLD

Holy crap! Mind you its nice to know that the cost of therapy for each of the kids will get covered. Our poor credit card lol