thread: Q abou CSA assessment

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

Q abou CSA assessment

I'm confused. I've just recieved my new CSA assessment starting from October 1. On it my 2012 taxable income is listed at just over $40000???
    Other than my c'link payments the only earnings I had from working were about $2000 for last financial year. My 2011 was only listed at around $15000.

Ex's has also gone up from around 23000 to 46000. Both those were estimates as he's not bothered to do his tax.

Is mine being that high got anything to do with his income going up? Or that my estimated amount of CSA has gone from $800 for the year to about $5000?

I'm confused. There's no way my income would go over $20000 if I am to stay on my c'link payments with no work for the year. I haven't put in an estimate of any amount with c'link, coz even though I would like to work during this financial year, it would to be near impossible to able too (child care doesn't exist here).

Can someone explain, or should I call CSA & ask? The raise in amount of his payments to me sound about right. I doubt he'd have to pay me that much if we were both earning about 40000 for the year.

I just don't understand where they got that figure from.

Jun 2010
    District Twelve

I'd ring. With CSA it's always good to check I reckon.

Jun 2010

Have you done your tax for this year? Does it say that they are using a provisional amount? Did you put in an estimate with CSA and not update it? It should be that if you have done your tax return for the last financial year that they use that amount. I would call them and query the discrepancy.

Add ~clover~ on Facebook

Sep 2007
    travelling

My 2012 tax return is done. Only says provisional for ex, Taxablr for me. I've not given them any other estimate at all & as I said, last years taxable income was only about $15000. Can't remember exactly what it totalled for this year, but definately no more than the $20000 for the year. Will ring them tomorrow I think.