Thread: Stimulus & school age child payment

Default Stimulus & school age child payment

I just checked my online thingy & woohoo I get my rudd money tomorrow.
    But I wasn't expecting a school age payment for both my boys. Only 1 is at school but I have got it for both?
    So it is all kids aged from 4? Cuz Glenn is 4 but isn't at school till next year?

Quote Originally Posted by FionaJill View Post
    I just checked my online thingy & woohoo I get my rudd money tomorrow.
    But I wasn't expecting a school age payment for both my boys. Only 1 is at school but I have got it for both?
    So it is all kids aged from 4? Cuz Glenn is 4 but isn't at school till next year?
    kidlets that fell in the age bracket as of feb 3 get the school age payment

it then doesn't discriminate against the states that start school later, the ones that class prep as school age vs the ones that have kinder first etc...

yeah see at first thats what I thought but then I was told they have to be registered as attending school so I figured I wouldn't get it as only Evan is on my thing as attending school.

A great surprise though as all this money is going towards paying for the repairs to our car.

Yep! I got for Mitch, such a lovely surprise!!!!!!!!!

Im thinking I might convice DH to use some of it for the things we had planned on getting with it & just chip away at the car repairs bill.
    Doesn't seem fair to miss out on getting thing we need/want just so we can get rid of the never ending credit card debt. I doubt he will be for it though, he hates owing on the credit card. But then who doesn;t!

Oh but hun the quicker you get rid of the debt, the sooner you will have more money to spend on the good stuff....will power!

I know but the car is a classic example of our life. We had gotten rid of all CC debts only a month or so back & BAM here is another unavoidable 5k dent to stick back on them!

Sucks. I want a tread mill!

Actually I was just thinking of letting DH upgrade the PC cuz we could then claim that on Tax anyway.

FJ I got mine Wednesday Happy happy happy! I helped stimulate the ecconomy with my Kitchen Aid

YAY for getting the car fixed! That is awesome!! Came at a good time for ya hun.

i get mine on tuesday soooo yaaaay

nothing written on my online page..soo hoping monday something is on there..next payment is due on wednesday...

I got mine yesterday. I was also only expecting to get 1 school aged child payment, but as DD is 4 I think I got 2 aswell. We haven't done anything much with ours yet, just paid the rego for the car. We are not really sure what to do with it yet. On one hand, we could reduce the credit card debt, but on the other hand we need to save money to get a bigger car, now that I am pg again.

I had five children aged between 4-18 on Feb 3. As you can imagine, the economy will be getting quit a bit of stimulation from me... although most of it will go to paying all the school bills and expenses that having five school aged children entails!!!!

I got a filling today! Is that stimulating the economy? lol

I have booked the cat and dog into the vet to get their vaccinations...very long overdue Then I will book the dog in to be desexed. I figure thats a good way to spend some of the money

Quote Originally Posted by bon View Post
    I have booked the cat and dog into the vet to get their vaccinations...very long overdue Then I will book the dog in to be desexed. I figure thats a good way to spend some of the money
    We thought the same thing - dh gets the snip in June LOL.

We haven't got ours yet (ours comes on the last day... typical LOL) but I was pretty stoked when I realised we get something for Lachlan who is also 4. We are flat broke till next week, have even eaten into our emergency money paying for our car rego which is actually due 2 days before getting the rudd money GRRR LOL.