Thread: What is the wait time?

Default What is the wait time?

Hi all,
    Well DH and I finally got our tax returns lodged yesterday (at a tax agent) thankfully. I am just wondering how long it took for Centrelink to reconcile your account and receive your payment?? DH and I are just really struggling financially at the moment and I need our payments. So I'm just hoping it's not going to be months away.

TIA,
    Dan.

etax usually comes back in 2 weeks (or less), unless there's something holding up your reconciliation. I always need to wait for my ex to do his return, for example.

Dunno about an agent but I'd say not long

We did DH's tax at an agent on Friday and I just called centrelink Tuesday to let them know I didn't have to lodge a return and my FTB payments have gone in today.
    We are still waiting on DH's tax return, although we always expect that to take 2 weeks.

Both DH & I did ours by e-tax and it was reconciled the day after we processed it, and I received my reco money from Centrelink 3 days later. Not sure of the time frame with an Accountant though.

Wow the system seems to be a lot quicker this year which is fantastic. It's so embarrassing hanging out for our payments to pay some bills. I feel like I am failing my family by not budgeting better. At least I know that we aren't going to be struggling for months.

Dan - we did our tax through an accountant late Monday afternoon, and our Family assistance account showed our updated income last night, and apparently our CCR payment is going in tomorrow. I'm expecting the rest of the FTB to go in early next week. I'm really liking tax time this year!

staring to get a little stressed with all this we did our tax on the 14th July both lodged through an agent my husband received his in less then 2 weeks and i'm still waiting on mine nothing is showing on my online centre link thingy as we over estimated and tax agent says i should get a cheque in the mail .. hope it is soon i'm sick of stressing over being home to get to the mail before someone else does...

Well I'm impressed with how quickly centrelink is getting our claims done this year. We are getting our CCR deposited into our account on Wednesday. Fingers crossed our FTA won't be much behind it and our tax refunds too. Our bill stack is getting bigger by the day sadly.

We lodged tax over 2wks ago; Im getting my CCR tomorrow but no suppliments in sight. Dh has already got his tax back too. Im hoping its not too much longer.

once you get your notice of assessment it can be up to two weeks before you get your family tax benefit reconcilliation results

the result is calculated at fao
    that result is sent to ATO to see if you owe them any money for taxes
    they then send the info back to fao to say yes or no on having to take any from that to pay a tax debt
    the result is then paid into your account within a couple of days

the link between ato and fao wasn't opened until half way through july - any results obtained by ato before that date had to be spread over a period of time to deliver to fao, hence some of the delays.

thanks BG
    i haven't even got a notice yet ..
    every other year we have both got our tax cheques back together i think that is where the stress is coming from to much to worry about specially with DH asking daily where is it..like i'm supposed to know