Thread: working and payments?

Unhappy working and payments?

hi i have just recently seperated from my husband. i work full time and would still really like to keep working full time. i have one child going to creche full time. i have been to centrelink to start receivinmg payments etc.. have found out i am making only bout $1500 a yr to much to claim all full benifits. (:ie health care, low child care) which i would like to help out with bills etc.. i looked in to salary sacrifice into my super but as of july 1st this year this all stops. has anyone got any ideas of what i could do. its only bout $30 a week to much. thanks

UUmm, I thought if you rec full FTB B, you do get HCC...and maybe CC rebate.

I'm too rusty on Clink stuff now!

What do you mean about salary sacrifice stopping? Do you mean through your particular job, just sacrifice of super stopping? My Dh does salary sacrifice...and its not stopping....we just had to fill in new forms for the next year. We salary sacrifice our rent...so maybe you could that with your rent/mortgage etc, if you cant do it with super. If that's not possible could you just cut down a couple of hours at work? Or take a paycut of $1 an hour, LOL.

Still racking brains here but even if you don't qualify for the FULL payment, you may be eligible for the part payment - even if its 20c a fortnight I think you still get the blue card with the full entitlements.

Can you do an automatic donation of that amount each week? That way a charity gets the money and you can get some of the benefits from C'link.

Just an idea, not sure if it would work though.

Spring xx

Quote Originally Posted by Spring Angel View Post
    Can you do an automatic donation of that amount each week? That way a charity gets the money and you can get some of the benefits from C'link.

Just an idea, not sure if it would work though.

Spring xx
    Charitable donations aren't eligible unless you can guarantee through the ATO that they will reduce your taxable income by that amount to get you under the income threshold - i'm guessing if it's 1500 per year it's related to FTB NOT pps - in that case, the only thing i can suggest is either work out with your accountant how many deductions you have to reduce your income level, or talk to your employer about going part time (maybe 35 hours per week instead of 38). they won't impact your income for PPS purposes at all - that is income before any deductions at all

salary sacrificing has been on the chopping block for a while for ftb purposes - essentially if you salary sacrifice for super, you get that portion tax free, and it's also NOT included for ftb purposes - so you're "double dipping" - the salary sacrificing will still be available, but will be included for ftb purposes (and perhaps attract fringe benefits tax, not sure on that one)

Thanks for the info BG. Sorry if I lead you on the wrong track anniki.