Thread: XP owes me CS...can i do his tax return?

Default XP owes me CS...can i do his tax return?

this might seem silly as i know alot of others probably do thier partners returns on e-tax but im not sure if im 'allowed' to do XPs return.

He has just moved up north for work and CBF doing his return (plus he knows he owes me about 900 in CS so most of it will go to me) but he knows i need the $$ so gave me his group certificates etc so i could do it on etax.

well i tried that and i couldnt work out the CS part so im thinking of taxing it to a tax agent and getting them to do it...but seeing as hes my ex will they let me or does XP have to lodge it himself? cause if so ill never see my owed CS!!!

also XP is missing one of his group certificates do u think if i rung his old job they would fax it to me or is this in breach of privacy or something?
    TIA girls

it is up to him to get it done hun - unless you have proper financial power of attorney, you can't do it. if you did, you may find you could be charged with fraud as it says he has to do it himself

yes, i know lots of partners do their OH's return on etax, but that would be in consultation with their partner (and if they were caught, they too could have "issues" with it being unlawful).

also, it might be a good idea to encourage XP to do his tax for a couple of reasons - he won't get his reco details for ftb unless he has done them (unless he was on income support ALL year - if he had even one day off, it won't process without him doing a full tax return) - i know he was only listed as shared care for a short time where he got payment, but it's money he might get

GAH that sucks cause of his bipolar he thinks that the tax department is after him (yes he is medicated but still has these conspiracy theories) and wont do it himself. he worked part time from july-dec 09, and was on Dis pension from jan til end of financial yr. do u think i can ring his old work and get them to fax me his group cert at least? i tried to use pre fill and it didnt work (whereas is other PT job did pre fill) so does that mean they havent even sent thier details to the ATO yet? GAH i want my money!!!