Thread: Basal thermometer

Smuggle Guest

Question Basal thermometer

Hi All...

Have been thinking about starting to charting my cycle so I can find out if I'm ovulating etc... have a gyno appt about my lack of AF since going off the pill 4 and half months ago and thought I should get a start on temping.

I would like to know where you all got your basal thermometers and how much it cost you?? I'm thinking of purchasing one off the net but not sure where to look!!

Thanks in advance! :biggrin:

Lullaby Conceptions sell them. Or you can go into your local pharmacy and get one there. They cost around $13.

Lisa

Hi Smuggle

I've been using a normal thermometer from the chemist, however I've just bought a bbt thermometer and am waiting for it to be delivered.

I bought it off of ebay for around $15 and $7 postage, if you do a search on "ovulation" in ebay, you should find them there, that's how i found mine!

clare076 Guest

Nearly every phamacy sells them and quite cheap. I think I paid $15.00 for mine and I am in the country so prices always a bit dearer.

Yeah what the others said but i just use a normal digital thermometer and got a BFP with it the first month i temped...... Good luck..

Any digital thermometer which goes to two decimal places is suitable.

Lisa

I bought a digital one from a chemist for about $12.

Smuggle Guest

Thanks everyone!! I went out yeterday to my local chemist and ordered a digital basal thermometer complete with charting thingymagigies!!

Thanks for replying and here's to our charting 'Cheers'

I brought mine from woolies. Only went to 1 digital point, but hit the jack pot on 2nd month. It was a baby section. I did order one from chemist, was very strong on wanting a 2 decimal one, the guy assured me it was, even said on the box that it was a basal temp therm thing, cost me $30, but only had 1 decimal place as well.
    All charting info, i got of the net, and then made my own chart up.