Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BBT thermometer

Fee Guest

Default BBT thermometer

Where do you get these? And how much do they cost?

Do you use a digital one or mecury one?

Hi Fee,

I got my BBT from an online chemist shop.
    It was advertised as a bbt, and cost me a little less than $20, from memory and is digital.

Nic

Fee Guest

I just found one online for $9.95 … but it's not an online chemist. I don't even know of any online chemists. I'll search around on Google.

BBT thermometers will always be digital as far as I know because they show the temp to 2 decimal places. Personally I just used a regular digital thermometer as the BBT ones were too expensive.

I am just using a regular digital thermometer. I didn't know there was a difference. Isn't a temperature a temperature??? It's doing the trick anyhow.

Regular digital thermometer seems to be working for me too

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dave's Girl
    I am just using a regular digital thermometer. I didn't know there was a difference. Isn't a temperature a temperature??? It's doing the trick anyhow.
    I read that you should really use a BBT one. On FF it says that it's important to use a BBT one for accurate fertility charting. It should say BBT, Basal Thermometer, or Fertility Thermometer on the package.

I just use a regular fever thermometer. It works for me. Maybe if I was really meticulous about my temp and always took it at the exact same time and always had 4 hours sleep before temping (now thats a dream I'd like to see come true!! ) it might be worth paying the extra 4 the BBT.

I guess if you find a normal therm is giving flat readings with one decimal point, a BBT therm would see the fluctuations better within that .1 range.

My temps are by no means flat... so I'm happy with an everyday thermometer.

I didn't read that bit 8-[ Oops.

Mine goes to 1 decimal so that's not too bad.

kjorgo1 Guest

I used a BBT theremom but it only went to one decimal place. I think it was about $15 and came with charts to plot on and instructions on how to read the charts and when to have sex. I think it was a BD brand and it was pink, if that helps.

Jorja

kjorgo1 Guest

I used a BBT theremom but it only went to one decimal place. I think it was about $15 and came with charts to plot on and instructions on how to read the charts and when to have sex. I think it was a BD brand and it was pink, if that helps.

Jorja

I got a digital Thermometer from BiLo for $9.95.

It went to .1 decimal too & worked perfectly ... TWICE!

jess127 Guest

thanks for this info.. may have to check it out at Bi lo is it just a digital thermometer did you get it from the kitchen section ?

I got my digital BBT form BigW I think they had BBT in non digital too... I think I bought mine for about $20, the other sort of course are much cheaper. The BBT should have 2 decimal places (eg 0.00) so there is only one decimal place difference, and I think most ppl I know use just a plain ol fever thermometer, with good results .

Tanya

I found that the BBT Ear themometer is the best only takes a second and gave me more accurate readings. My temp wasnt all over the place.

Bel

Fee Guest

Well I just bought a Basal Digital Thermometer. There were quite a few to choose from. So I picked the "BD" brand and anyway it only goes to 1 decimal place! The other one I was tossing up with went to 2 decimals. I'm cranky now!

Does it really matter?

I've been very happy just with my ordinary digital thermometer which is 1 decimal place. If you've already opened it, you might as well give it a go. If it's unopened, you could probably exchange it, if you'd rather have 2 decimals. I think a lot of the girls get by with just ordinary thermometers, so you should be right

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast