Thread: Billing Ovulation Method

Default Billing Ovulation Method

Right, now to re type all of this again seems one of our new kittens stood onthe Esc button which for some reason delets everything!!!!!!!! Bloody cat!!

I am wanting to know a bit more about this method. I have read a bit about it on the net and feel that this is most likely the simplest method for me to use to chart my cycles. Can anyone explain it to me a bit more.

Now my main question is can you ovulate and not get a period? I am still breastfeeding an AF has not returned as of yet ( ). But I am noticing some changes down there on a regular basis. I know that you can fall pregnant before AF returns while breastfeeding but is this just if a women happens to fall pregnant on that very first ovulation and therefor gets no AF? Or can you actually ovulate without a follow up period while breastfeeding?

Time for some TMI just so you can get a bit of a picture of whats been happening 8-[ . First of all MOOD swings :evil: , has me thinking PMS and am actually surprised DH hasn't made this suggestion/comment yet! But other then that changes in the musuc/fluid down there.
    I always wear a panty liner, I seem to always have a bit of ick happening down there and don't feel comfortable just wearing nickers, makes me feel wet *blushes*. I will normally notice a clear thin almost fluid rather then mucus kind of discharge everyday, not alot just some and if I happen to not have a panty liner on this drys white on my nickers *blushing more*. Some days there will be more and it is thicker then this is followed by it being a slightly thicker again and a bit more and slightly yellow for a couple of days. Then we are back to what I call normal. I haven't really paid much attention to what sort of time span this takes place over so I couldn't say. I really want to try for a girl next, so would like to be able to chart my cycle so I know when the best *girl* time to with DH is. I think this Billings method will be the best way for me as I don't think I would be able to do temps as I would forget and mucus/fluid etc changes is something I already notice so if I just start keeping a record of whats happening I figure I will get an idea. But how do I know when I ovulate if I don't get a period and is that even possible to ovulate without getting periods :-k .

Edited to add - I also get a lot more pimples on my forehad during the times when the mucus is thicker/yellowish, if that means anything....

Thanks Girls, I like that I can come on here and post my probably hard to understand and TMI questions with out being laughed at.

If you have o'd you will get a period (unless you have conceived of course!)
    Your body may be practising for ovulation and making CM without releasing an egg. As it is hard to tell if it is for real untill you have had your period it is best to avoid BDing for three days after the EWCM goes away if you want to avoid PG.
    If you want to get the timing right to increase the chances of conceiving a girl (just like me BTW) you need to be really patient and get charting so you can do all you can to predict the right time.

If you want to research Billings or the Shettles methods you will find the books to be of more benefit than what is on line as there is far more detail provided in the books.

Thanks for your reply Sammi.

I have since talked to a friend who is in the right field to be able to answer my question for me about ovulating and periods. I didn't think that you could O with out the follow up period but there was just that small amout of un sure that I needed to clear up. She too said my body may just be getting back in to the swing of things with some trial runs so knowing my luck AF is not to far away.

I think once my period does return I will do this whole charting thing right. I would like a girl.

Great Jillian, Thanks