Thread: Billings Ovulation method (BOM)

Aussie_Chik Guest

Default Billings Ovulation method (BOM)

Does anyone use this method? I am at the moment, it seems like a good way to go. I even have my own online instructor - no cost! It's different from temping though, in this method you purely monitor your CM at the vulva by sensation and its appearance.

According to BOM, the sensation of CM from wet to "slippery" and then not slippery is the indicator that you have peaked and ovulation is likely to occur up to 3 days afterwards. However, I don't feel confident I can tell the difference between wet and slippery??? My online instructor tells me that once experienced the slippery sensation is very obvious.

Can anyone else back this up or tell me anymore about there experiences with this method?

Hi aussiechick,

Yes i used the billings method with conceiving my children and found it to be easy and accurate. At the moment i am using that with fertility friend , maybe baby and temping. Between them you would think it would be easy but. gGGGRRR! With the billings its all about cm,and making sure that you time your horizontal mumbo jumbo with the fertile mucus period which is when its like eggwhite and stretches like chewy in between your thumb and forefinger( I KNOW TMI !!). But thats what the doc reckons.

Pauline

Aussie_Chik Guest

My instructor told me not to stretch the mucus as it can be misleading. She has said that the sensation at the vulva being slippery is a more accurate indicator - did you ever focus on this???

Hi aussiechick,

No afraid not. I hadnt heard anything about that. i only did it via the examination of the mucus as that was what the book recommended at the time.However that was in97,maybe they have changed there theories somewhat. Regardless,thats how i got preggers with the other 2.

Pauline

Hi Ausiechick,

Im using this method too but like Pauline Im using FF as well. My CM is my primary sign but I take my temp too so I can see more exactly (but in retrospect) when I O, until I get used to the CM stuff. Im also using the thumb and forefinger method.

And yep I have noticed the difference between wet and slippery. It feels different and looks different too.

I used the Billings Method for over 12 months prior to this PG (it was a planned one BTW )
    After a few months I was able to notice the slippery sensation. It was a great topic of conversation "not tonight dear I've got the slippery stuff" lol.
    Is the online instructor a new thing? At the time I was teaching myself this wasn't available. I called the help line in the book and was contacted by Evelyn Billings and had a great chat to her about all things CM. She told me you still need to be aware of the stretchy stuff but to be wary that you can be still quite fertile once this has passed and you are still having the slippery wet sensation. This is more important if you are using it for a contraceptive reason in which case you don't BD for 3 days once you have noticed the CM change back to creamy or dissapear and feel dry.

Aussie_Chik Guest

Hi Girls

Thanks for your responses. Sammi when you say the"slippery stuff" can you tell me was this slippery as a sensation or in appearance. maybe I'm being too pedantic but I can't seem to detect feeling slippery but i can definately see the differences.

I don't know if the online bit is new but I think it's great. These people obviously give their free time to help and are really dedicated to helping.