Thread: Brand new to temping and have some questions

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Question Brand new to temping and have some questions

OK I finally went and bought an ovulation thermometer to start temping, joined FF and took my first temp this morning.

The only problem I have is that both of my boys wake regularly during the night, so I rarely am getting 3-4 hours of sleep in a stretch and then time to take my temp before moving/speaking etc.

Anyway I took my temp this morning and it was 36.12 I am on day 27 of my cycle and had a definate EWCM episode on day 24.

Have I taken my temp incorrectly and is this why it is so low, or would this be a normal pattern as I most likely have Ovulated sometime in the the last couple of days?

My cycles were approx 6 weeks prior to having my 2nd child and in the last few months have been around 30 days.

Relle a single temp can't tell you much, it's mre about looking for your own personal patterns. A temp of 36.12 might be high for you & you might be in the 35s pre-O. Or you may not have ovulated yet. There's no way of telling until you have charted for a few months to see what sort of pattern you get.

Yeah i agree with Sarah. I always have lower temps too - some women get up to 37 after o and i'll be lucky to get in the low 36's. You'll get a better feel for your temp patterns soon (although i'm still hoping you won't need to ).