Thread: Can you chart before AF returns?

Default Can you chart before AF returns?

Hi all,

I have never looked this closely in to my cycle before but have read about different ways of swaying the chances of having the desired sex of baby by having sex before or after ovulation occurs.

Thing is though I am breastfeeding Glenn who is 5 months old & I do not plan on weaning just for AF to return. I have had NO problems falling preg so I know it will happen when its meant to. But with both my boys I wasn't thinking about getting preg at that very time. (not preventing either) So I didn't really have any say.

I would like a girl next time round & even if it doesn't work I would like to watch it & sway it to my wish of a little girl.

So my question is can i start charting before AF has returned??

You could, I guess, but you might be charting in vain, as you may be in for a long wait! I guess it will be tricky to attempt conception of a girl based on charting methods whilst still BF, as I think girl conceptions are usually before ovulation, & without a pattern to go by, you would still be making a stab in the dark.

However, you never know, your first ovulation may be just around the corner and by charting you may just catch it?

It might be worthwhile charting to get an idea of what your body is up to, but still take non-hormonal contracteption, until your chart showns you are ovulaing/you get AF back, then you know that you can clearly use charting for concieving a girl?

Good luck,

I'm pretty sure that Kelly started charting for Elijah before AF returned...

Yep that is correct Sarah, but she had also started to wean Marisa in order to get AF back, AF just never came back lol

Love

hmmmm ok then I might just give this a whirl, we are not TTC yet but when we do it would be good to already have gotten to know my body. With my first AF returned when DS was 11 months & I was preg with DS#2 4 months later & while we weren't trying mother nature decided that november was the better month to fall not waiting till the following march which was sort of what we were planning. So if this is going to be the way this time then at least if I just don't have sex in the boy times then maybe I will get my wish.

Just another problem though, if you need to take your BBT before you get up and after 3 hours of un interupted sleep, this might be a bit hard with Glenn still having 2 sometimes 3 feeds a night. Maybe if I take temp when I wake for his 4 am feed before i get him out of the cot??
    lets see if i can even remember to do it first i guess lol

Thanks for that Kathryn

I think Fiona, if you're up at 4am every morning then it should be fine. They say 1/2 an hour either side of your normal time is ok - so between 3.30 & 4.30 every mornign should be alright.