Thread: Can You Start a New Chart Not Knowing Where You are in Your Cycle?

Default Can You Start a New Chart Not Knowing Where You are in Your Cycle?

Since my miscarraige, I dont think my body has yet returned to normal.

I had the D&C on the 28th of June.

I got what I thought was a period on the 30th of July. But had been losing bloody/browny mucous in the mean time.

That period went for about 6 or 7 days and again the bloody/browny mucous continued for about a week later.

So since my last bleed I just estimated that I would be back to a 30 day cycle. This being, my period should be been here yesterday.

I've been getting lots of aches and pains, LOTS AND LOTS of moodiness (just ask DP ), fatigue etc etc.

I've done 2 HPT, both negative.

So back to the original questions....Can you start a chart when you dont know where your cycle is?

I've just put the themometer next to bed but wanted to get some advice before I visted FF.

TIA!
    x

I can't see the harm. It wont be all that accurate as obviously you don't have all the temps from the whole cycle. I started my first chart mid-cycle too and it helped give me something to follow and also get into the groove of temping. You just need a date of when your last period started.

Quote Originally Posted by meow View Post
    I can't see the harm. It wont be all that accurate as obviously you don't have all the temps from the whole cycle. I started my first chart mid-cycle too and it helped give me something to follow and also get into the groove of temping. You just need a date of when your last period started.
    Thanks hun.

I've just gone ahead and started it. I had the day of my last period so I've entered that in and I guess the rest will sort itself out.

I am now 2 days late. POAS this morning....

Its quite frustrating not knowing whats going on with your own body!

Thanks again hun!
    x

I have everything crossed that it's the shortest chart in history

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

After my D&C it took 6 weeks to get AF, then I went into a 35/36 day cycle instead of 28-30. I think temping is a really good idea, hopefully it will give you some insight into what's going on. Best of luck xo