Thread: Can you take your temp too early?

Default Can you take your temp too early?

Hi everyone, :flower:

Just wondering if its possible to take your temp too early? this morning i woke about 5.20am and took my temp it was 36.5, im 10 dpo and it has generally stayed up around 36.9, but i usually take it around 5.50-6am could that make any difference of is AF on her way early? at around 6.10am i was still lying in bed and i took it again and it was up to 36.8.
    im very confused :roll: and worried that the old witch :af: is making her monthy visit to me once again!!

shellstar76

Fee Guest

As long as you've had at least 3 consecutive hours of sleep then it shouldn't be a problem. But you need to take your temp at the same time and also as soon as you awake ... so taking it at 5.20 am compared to after 6.00 am probably would make a difference.

yeah it does make a diffecrence - do you have FF VIP? as there is a temp adjuster on that which can correct you temp if you woke up more than half an hour before you do usually...

I am a VIP FF but im not really sure what is meant by temp adjusting or how to do it, can anyone explain it to this dumbo!!!

Which temp should i use the 36.5 taken @ 5.20am or 36.8 taken @ 6.10am? AF has not yet arrived, could such a drop be an implantation dip?
    Im 10 dpo.

I will post my chart for anyone to analyse for me!

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/deaee

Shellstar76

when you are in your chart go to the site panel where it say DATA - then at teh bottom of the pop up menu there is a temperature corrector - but that figure that em mentions is what it comes out for you anyway...And anyway may just be a implantation dip - what did your temp do today?

It was back up to 36.9 this morning, i was really happy to see that!!
    but alittle confused :-s
    I suppose patience is a virtue and i will know eventually!!

shellstar76

well sweets i hat to put ideas in your head but it could well be an implantation dip... who knows!!! when will you test?

Im just trying to work that out! i just put a new post on asking advice when to test as my last 2 cycles were unusually long 33-35 days, normal is 27-29, so im not sure about this cycle if i O on day 16 does that mean that i am to get AF 14 days after? or can it still be late?

Hopefully the ideas you are filling my head with AJ are right!!