Thread: Cervix position (maybe TMI)

Default Cervix position (maybe TMI)

Just wondering if anyone else is monitoring their cervix position. This is the first month that I've done it every day, although I've always been able to feel my cervix easily.

I'm just a bit puzzled though. When my cervix it is in a "high" position it's about a middle-fingers length into my vagina (sorry if TMI). When it is in a "low" position it's about up to the first knuckle of my middle finger.

My problem is, it seems to vary between these two extremes on a daily basis. So FF keeps telling me I either have a cervix that is "most fertile" or not fertile at all, irrespective of whether it's firm/soft or open/closed.

Has anybody else noticed their cervical position varying so much?

Hey Cherie,

Just a thought - do you check your CP at around the same time each day? When I checked my CP I don't recall it varying position so much, but I think I do remember other girls saying they got quite a bit of variation if they checked at different times during the day.

HTH.

Hmm... well sort of lol... I test it each morning, but it varies when i actually get out of bed. Sometimes as early as 5.30am, sometimes as late as 7am. It's good to know though, that other girls' have variation as well. Thanks for responding

It will definitely move up and down over the course of a day. You are best to check it the same time.

love

sorry TMI ahead - i have - according to my GYN a "long" vag - don't know the definition of that - but i don't always feel my cervix - so how am i supposed to check it -i would like to add in more things to my charting.....

Hi AJ,

So you can feel your cervix sometimes? That would probably mean it's in a lower positon. I guess when you can't feel it it means that it's moving up and getting closer to O??

Also, have you tried squatting when checking your CP? Some girls find that makes it easier to find the cervix.

Good luck.

thanks angel i am going to have to get in the regular habit of it - i guess it will take a while to get to know what are the different positions etc....

I agree that sometimes it will move throughout the day. I found that I had a good result checking at roughly the same time every morning in the shower. Sooo maybe you should shower at say 7.30am every morning no matter when you get up? Would that work for you?

lol at your 'long' vag AJ. At the risk of sounding like Gianna on Big Brother, I think I must have a short one lol. Can't say that my GP has ever commented on it though 8-[

I always squat to feel mine - it also makes it easier if you want to check your CM, because you're supposed to 'sample' it from your cervical opening by gently squeezing on both sides.

I agree though - when you aren't able to feel it at all, it's probably in a higher position than when you can feel it.