Thread: Changing where to temp

Default Changing where to temp

Seen as im very new to this temping stuff i am just curious if i can change where i take my temp? im only on CD8 so would it be ok to change now or should i just continue with what im doing to next cycle? ...i keep getting really low temps from doing it in my mouth so i want to try and do it down there.

Thanks in advance

I think you should continue ti temp in your mouth for the rest of this cycle, then change for the next cycle.. because it might cause some discrepency in your temps if you change part way through.

good luck

Thanks for posting this Nikki. I was wondering the exact same thing this morning. My temp this morning was 36.61 and down below it was 36.98 so there was a huge difference. Because of this, I thought I would wait until the next cycle (fingers crossed that there isnt a "next cycle" for either of us!).

Nikki and Tonydayl, I was in the exact same pickle as you guys. I am going to stick with one till the end of my cycle even though the temp down below would have FF giving me the result I wanted to see on my chart..
    Here's hoping that we don't need to resort to temping down there next cycle and all get our BFP's..

Nicambhar.

LOL im so new to this i said i was CD 8 but i was looking at the date ... im only CD6 - i only finished spotting yesterday morning.... i think i read somewhere that u didnt really need to temp during AF so would it make to much of a different for me if i did change??
    i just feel that its more accurate (sp?)

Yeah, go for it Nikki!

Nikki - I am only new to this charting thing and seem to learn something new everyday. I am in my TWW period and only just coping with the anticipation...

Thanks guys for your replies.... ok one last question.... should i delete my temps up to this day on my FF chart? or just leave them.... from now on i'll temp down there.... just wondering if it would make a difference if i left my temps up or not?

Nikki - Not that I really know what I am doing, but I don't think that it will make any difference if you do.
    Please anyone correct me if I am wrong...

Nikki, - If you are going to change, then delete the old temps. I dont temp during AF, and I dont think it makes any difference. I do find that it is more accurate than in the mouth, especially if you are an open mouth sleeper!!! Good Luck!!!

For the others, if you are changing, then wait till next cycle, cause tems will be higher down there, than in your mouth. But hopefully you wont need to.

Good luck!!!

Thanks Ruf for your advice - i have just been scanning everyone's and anyone's chart to figure it out lol.... i will go and delete them now ....Thanks again everyone... i dont know where i would be without all you BB ladies
    Last edited by *Nikki*; April 8th, 2007 at 07:46 PM.

No worries Nikki. The reason you have to delete the old temps is cause FF will use them to create the value for the coverline. So it will be more accurate without the old ones. If you were any further on, I would suggest keeping mouth temping, but CD6 should be OK to change. Good luck and I will be stalking your chart later in the month!!
    xo