Thread: Chart Question

Cool Chart Question

Hi Ladies,

I was just wondering what affect laying in bed would have on my temp? I woke up at 5.30. I didn't move around, and for some stupid reason i didn't take my temp until after 6 when my alarm went off! I wasn't really thinking? So my temp had a little drop, which is something i didn't want to see. Could being awake for 30 or so mins before taking my temp make it drop?

I'm grasping at straws here i know. I was just feeling so positive yesterday...today feeling not so positive!

Any comments on my chart would be appreciated too...I think its not looking so good anymore!

clare076 Guest

Unfortunately it really depends on the individual person. I used to find my temp would either stay the same on go up slightly under those conditions. Either way your chart still looks good. The temp dip was still above the cover line and really wasn't a huge dip. Hopefully it goes back up tomorrow.

Good luck

Thanks Clare!

I really wish i was thinking a bit more clearly at 5.30 and had just taken my temp when i woke up. I guess it goes to show that my alarm is a trigger for me and i just do it automatically when i here that! lol

ok, so this morning i took my temp as soon as my alarm went off and get a temp of 36.75. I hit snooze and when the alarm went off again i took my temp again. I wasn't asleep between those times, and don't ask why i took it again...but anyway my temp had gone down to 36.69.

from what your saying clare, that is possible for me?

Oh matey what a pain i hate how temping can be mucked up by this.. I would just leave it see what happens tomorrow........ Try not to worry to much as it might just be that it was mucked up from being awake 1/2 b4 temping...... And as i said in your journal take a look at the chart from when i was pg it was up and down like a mountain range...

clare076 Guest

Bron, I would say there is every chance that your temp dropped slightly because you were awake for a while before taking it. It may come down to the fact that your breathing pattern may have changed, you may have been mouth breathing more when you woke, you could have kicked the blankets off slightly etc.

I have also provided the link to my charts so you can see that temp dips are very common and can occur even with pregnancy. All the best for tomorrow. xxx
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/a1e99
    Last edited by clare076; March 8th, 2007 at 10:20 PM.