Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charting?

purpley Guest

Smile Charting?

Hi everyone!

I am really new to all this and just wondered if you could help me out with a couple of things:

1. I have looked at your posts and seen that a lot of you have membership with fertility friend to track temperatures... is there a good way and a bad way to do this? is it orally or vaginally?

2. Is there anything other than folic acid and iodine I should start taking?

Thanks so much!

Amy

hi not too sure on all of the supplements you should be taking but currently i am just taking blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding one.

and as for taking your temp, i take mine orally but you can also take it vaginally, whichever you feel more comfortable with. I think vaginally gives you a clearer pattern if orally isnt working out too well. Hope i was of some help

I take my temps orally, but I think ff suggests that if you don't get accurate enough charts (like definite rise after O) then you can try taking it vaginally.

I am currently taking Elevit, it is a newer pre/pregnancy multi vitamin that my Dr highly recommended, I think it is more expensive than others but I don't care, the only thing I don't like about them are they are quite big

purpley Guest

Thanks for the tips :-) I ended up with a blackmores iodine + folic acid one a day and an electric ovu-thermometer that starts beeping at me after 60 seconds lol... the instructions say though to leave it in for 5 mins? the thing is it does not stop beeping! does anyone have one of these beeping ones?

beastie Guest

hi there,

it doesnt matter WHERE you take your temperature but its important you take it every day in same place

good luck!

I think the most important thing is to take your temp at the same time every day without moving around. I loved fertility friend as it is more interactive and you can share your chart on here when you have question

hey purpley... why would the instructions tell you to keep it in for 5 mins if it starts beeping after 60 seconds?! Surely the beeping means that the temp is taken and you can take it out!!

I am with the other girls.. doesnt matter what way you take your temp as long as it is same time everyday and after 3 hrs solid sleep.

I did start off temping orally and I found that my temps were just all over the place so decided to see the difference on this cycle and went vaginally.. check out my charts - the blue is orally and green is vaginally. but in the end it is up to you which way you find more comfortable.

purpley Guest

Wow Ngala there sure is a bit of a difference there hey! thank you!

I am going to start mine today, i had 36.0 today.. what temperature meants ovulation?

Hi purpley
    Do you have a thermometer that reads to 2 decimal places? With regards to ovulation, everyone's temps are different. FF will give you a coverline and an ovulation day when you have had 3 consecutive high temps in a row. There is often a dip on ov day. If you check out some charts, you will see the red vertical line - that is ov day.
    Have you heard about the free charting course that ff runs. It's great for learning all this sort of stuff.

Hi purpley,

As Jazmum said, everyone's temp is different but you can normally pin point O when you have a temp dip and a significant temp rise over 3 days, then FF gives you a coverline and tells you when you have O'd.

I also suggest doing the FF course, its great reading and you learn heaps!

purpley Guest

Well today it went from 36.0 to 36.2, it only goes to 1 decimal place, it is called "Ovu-therm". I will definitely check out the FF learning course to get my head around all this, thank you so much ladies!

Hi Purpley - you might be better off getting a thermometer that reads to 2 decimal places. With your temp today, it may have read 36.29 which would have made a difference. Catch you later

purpley Guest

Hmmm that has me thinking, perhaps I should look around for another thermometer...

I just bought mine from the local chemist for about $14. Just look for one that says it reads to 2 decimal places.

purpley Guest

will do! cheers!

purpley Guest

Hi again, well I have started tracking for a few days now... I wondered if anyone could be bothered would you mind taking a quick look at my chart? I think it indicates I might be ovulating soon, what do you think? it is all very new to me lol so sorry if I am being a bit daft! I have also been reading the lessons on FF, you were right, they are great!

Hey purpley, thats a pretty big temp drop you had today. You could be ovulating so you better start BDing! You will know when you have ovulated when you get a significant temp rise over 3 days.

Good luck!

purpley Guest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast