Thread: Charting & gender selection?

oneisneverenough Guest

Default Charting & gender selection?

Hi.
    I know this is somewhat an unethical question, but we are TTC #6 and would love to give our 8yr daughter a sister. (as we have 4 boys)

I heard that to try for a girl you need to BD 2-3 days BEFORE Ovulation.
    I usually Ovulate around CD19. So today being CD17 I didn't think anything of it.
    But going back over my chart.. (Have only been charting for five months) I think I could have Ovulated on CD15 (no coverline yet)

Is anyone good at reading charts and guessing if one could/would conceive, and what gender they'd think? I'm feeling a little nervous, and a little annoyed at my body for maybe Ovulating a few days earlier than I'd expected, and the 'look' my husband gave me today when I told him that I think I Ovulated a few days early.. 8-[

http://xcb.xanga.com/90900452d04a615.../b11406102.jpg

TIA!

oneisneverenough Guest

Thanks for checking Emma.
    I'm on CD18 now and have the same temp as the previous 2 days, so I tried putting it .1 degree higher and got no coverline either, so I tried the same for CD19 and still nothing. ](*,) LOL!!
    Talk about confusing. Aye!

Hi M!

We have been using the shettles method for a few months now. We are trying TTC a girl.
    The idea of timing BD to try and occur with a minimum of 2 days before O is a little tricky for me as my cycles have been irregular. There are other tricks you can do for when you are closer to Oing but the timing is the most important factor. We are not in a hurry so if we are not successful TTC within the next 6 months or so then we may get into douching etc.

HERE is a link to an article on the main BB site that is very informative. I've got the book and it is a very interesting read.

There are a couple of members on this site who conceived the gender of their choice using this method. Also I thought I might add that a google search on this topic was what lead me to this fab site

On the temp thing have you considered using a BBT thermometer. This type goes to 2 decimal places. I got one after having up to 4 temps of 36.6 in a row.

oneisneverenough Guest

Thanks for that Sammi. Will read into the links you posted!
    I (finally) got my coverline!! Saying I Ovulated on CD 18. So I'm at 4dpo, and wondering if I'm already feeling that niggly "I think I am" feeling, or if I'm feeling into something that's just not there. :-# Still, we BD on cd17, so #-o at the timing.
    Whoever invented the dreaded TWW? It's terrible!
    http://xf2.xanga.com/30884af77223016.../b11755166.jpg

Hi M,
    Here is a link to my chart when I concieved Violet http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ChartGallery/16281.html

We weren trying for a girl but it turned out we couldn't BD closer to O... even tho I was wanting to try for a boy #-o . I suppose I should've used a condom... oh well.

A couple of things... one, I would keep an eye on if your have to go through another cycyle is your CM, I found this a great indicator to when I was close to O. I knew I was close to O from my cm when we BD in the above chart, but didn't think I was close enought to conceive. Two, I would use OPKs if you aren't 100% sure of your upcoming O day, and don't BD when you get a +.

Tanya

oneisneverenough Guest

Thankyou for that Tanya!
    Looking at your chart, then looking at mine has me so sure that if we did get pregnant this cycle.. then we're more than likely going to have another boy. :-s

Hopefully those lttle swimmers were already there form the other BDing ... fingers crossed

Tanya

oneisneverenough Guest

I certainly hope so!! :-D
    1 more day until AF is due, and am nervous. Not sure if I'm hoping she turns up, (so we can time it a little better next month), or decides to stay away for a long long time.

Ooooh eeeerrrr!! Good luck
    Either way I have plenty of pink vibes to spread around.... So I'll send some your way

Tanya

oneisneverenough Guest

.....and we have a BFP!!!
    Let the journey begin!!
    Keep sending those pretty pink vibes. I most definately need them. *grin*

Yay Yay ... well done

dust: dust: dust:

Hope that helps

Tanya

Congratulations! Wishing you a H&H PG!

Good luck!!

oneisneverenough Guest

Thanks girls!!! I'm kinda shocked, since I haven't had any symptoms (except tiredness, which I was just putting down to being run down + running around after 5 kiddos)
    Nearly didn't do the test, but had a friend over who has been telling me for over a week that she knew I was pregnant.
    Smart girl. Yay!! Time to enjoy my very last pregnancy. *contented sigh*

Congratulations on the BFP M =D>

oneisneverenough Guest

Success!!!

IT'S A GIRL!!!!! \/ \/ \/

Congratulations M...
    I have been wondering if you got your little girl or not!

Now Sammy.... when's your U/S??

Tanya