Thread: Charting Trouble

Amanda Mason Guest

Default Charting Trouble

Ive been using FF now for a couple of cycles, and by using the temp and CM signs, as well positive OPK's i know that I o-ed on about cycle day 25. I had lots of EWCM, and had 2 positive OPK's. BUT FF is saying that I didnt O until day 29, even though there we no other fertile signs listed, like positive OPK's, or EWCM, I can understand what is going on. I know that I am not pregn. because DH was away when I o-ed. Can anyone help , am I doing something wrong?

Here is a copy of my chart http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/c2550

Hey Amanda,

Yep, I agree, going by your CM and the OPKs I reckon you O'd around CD25/26. I think FF is just confused because because your temps tend to be a bit all over the place and you had quite a dip on CD29. Although, what was your CM like after CD26? If you were still getting fertile CM then you may have O'd later.

Good luck!

Fee Guest

And FF is letting you know it's unsure about your coverlines because they are dotted and not solid (see mine). I read about dotted lines on FF this morning.

did you take that temp earlier on cd26 or sleep with your mouth open - though its not always recommended - try discarding that temp and seeing if FF moves your O?

Amanda Mason Guest

AJ AND FEE,

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ....

I just disregarded the temp on day 29, and hey presto, I got my solid cover line (Fee, i had no idea that you were supposed to get a solid line as apposed to a dotted one!!!)

I JUST WANT TO HUG YOU ALL!!! =D>

thats cool Amanda - sometimes you can get the odd random temp that fits - usually they don't recommend discarding temps but as all your other signs were there it made sense - glad we could help...

rebecca27 Guest

Default Charting problem

Hi everyone. Im new here just found this site today. Just been reading your thoughts. 8-[ Ive been TTC #1 for 2 months but i have been charting from the start of the year, just pen and paper but i have used a few different fertility software programs and i found that they do get your ovulation date wrong more often then not. You know your body better then anyone and so i think if your not sure about your temps, always go with what your CM is telling you, its always right.

Fee Guest

Glad it has worked for you now! It's funny I just read about dotted coverlines this morning. I was also reading about temp circles which aren't filled as I got one of those this morning - then I realised I had put in 6.30 am instead of my usual 5.30 am and that's why I got an empty circle.

I probably should read more on the FF website to understand it better!