Thread: cm or dh sperm

Default cm or dh sperm

I know this might have been asked b4 but need to know. Am charting and have noticed I am still getting fertile cm. We bd late Mon night/morn and am still getting slippery discharge now (approx 18hr later) How can you tell if it is cm or dh leftovers Sorry tmi.

Here is my chart. FF says I have o but it is in question cause of cm. Do I mark todays and yesturdays as W or or take it as dh?????? Temp has gone up. Also not sure if we should continue to bd to cover base. I am also got bad head cold so not feeling up to it. http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/3583f

Thanks for help in advance.

Hmmm - 18 hours seems like a long time for it still to be DH leftovers. When you BD and it's not around O time, do his spermies last for 18 hours?

I'm still a novice at the whole charting thing, but I would say if it's clear and stretchy, then it's probably CM. Spermies would more likely be creamy and not so stretchy (in my experience anyway).

HTH

Inspiration, definitely is clear and a little streachy. non o time I have notives his leftover about 24hrs after. but I don't think much longer after that. I did say 18hrs but a day and half is more than that isn't it. It would be 32 hrs. It seems a long time.

I remember reading somewhere here how you could test what it was but have not had a chance to find it. Also thought by the time I found it the discharge would be gone #-o

Strange thing is temp has been up for 3 days. Also I usually o on day 22 or after so for me to o on cd 19 is early. Really not sure.

Found this ladies

Make sure not to confuse semen with cervical fluid. They look and feel very similar. Semen will dry up very quickly upon your fingertips and is more rubbery is consistency. It may also tend to be foamy. Semen is little more white in color rather than clear like eggwhite fluid. To help you identify the difference, when urinating eggwhite cervical fluid will often hit the water and form into a ball while it sinks to the bottom .

Arousal fluid has also been confused with cervical fluid. Again, they look and feel very similar. Arousal fluid like semen will dry up quickly upon your fingertips and is water soluble. If confused as to what fluid is what, take the fluid from your fingertips and dip it into a glass of water. If its is cervical fluid it will form a ball and sink to the bottom, if its arousal fluid it will dissolve.
    Must try it and see.

Did it work Rose? I had a mental picture of when you test fudge to see if it's ready by dropping a ball of it into iced water :smt081

I noticed that last month, FF gave you an O date several days after your fertile CM. If that happened this month too, you O day might be closer to CD22, rather than CD19. Just a thought....

:chairfall: :smt043
    What a laugh. I felt a dill trying to do it. The problem was that I could not get enough of it to be able to do the test. The bit I could get just sat on top of the water for 5 sec then sank, but it didn't ball.

Last months I had ammended myself because I had gotten to 16dpo and no sign of af and I was def not pg. My lp is usually 15days max and if left where ff had it I would have been 22dpo by the time af came.

Thanks for your help/interest Inspiration

Not sure what has happened now. Still getting water disch. and temp dropped to 36.2 back down to pre o temps. Maybe I still haven't o and the funny temps in the past few days are due to a head cold. #-o :-s

Who knows. Better get some more bd in. Hopefully we are both up to it. Dh is very busy and tired with work and I am really not feeling up to it. Well we shall see.

Well done for giving it a go :smt043 I don't think I could have done much better lol.

Good luck with the BDing.