Thread: Confused about Chart and O

saint_anne Guest

Default Confused about Chart and O

Hi all,

This is my first cycle charting and I'm a bit confused. I'm on day 17 of my cycle and according to FF's default mode I haven't o'd. But if I switch to either Fertility Awareness Method or Research they both say I o'd on day 12. This makes sense to me since my cycles are usually 25 days. The CM pattern works with day 12 too, but I'm guessing my chart is unusual in that the rise between days 12 & 13 was only .2 degrees F.

I'm actually seeing the gyn tomorrow for my yearly exam (oh, joy), so I'll get her feedback. I'm just going a bit nuts waiting, though.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Anne

http://www2.fertilityfriend.com/home/cadda

If I had to guess I'd say day 13 you O'd.
    Nothing very distinctive though is there. :-k

I'd be interested to see what your gyno says.

Hi Anne

Looking at your chart it looks like you haven't O'd. The reason I think this is because you had fertile CM for a few days even with thte slight rise on cd13. If your CM was not recorded at fertile after this time I would say that you did O on cd 12 too.
    Have you tried removing the CM recorded after cd12 to see what happens?
    Charting can be very frustrating!! It's hard to take it one day at time... just hangin there. Hopefully your ob might be able to run some tests to see if you have O'd.

Good luck
    Tanya

saint_anne Guest

Dave's Girl and Tanya, thanks for the comments.

Tanya, I did take out the CM after cd12 and nothing changed. I guess I'll wait to see what my gyno says.

Does fertile CM completely stop after you O?

Anne

saint_anne Guest

Well, I saw my gyno today. She actually thought I O'd on day 9 or 10, but couldn't say for sure. The one thing she did do was have my progesterone levels checked, though I won't get those results until Wednesday.

She's also concerned because my cycles are only 25 days. So once AF starts I need to go in for more tests just to see how my hormone levels are in general.

I'm glad that something's actually being done, but I also wish I could just know now. Ah, well.

Anne

Hi Anne,
    Great to hear that your Gyno is doing something for you
    CD 9 would make sense if you had some fertile CM...

I hope all your test give you some answers and you get a BFP really soon!!

Tanya