Thread: coverline?

Smile coverline?

hi i was wondering if anyone could enlighten me as to how ff determines where the coverline goes? and i have also been looking through ff charts and quite a few of them have had AF come but haven't dropped below the coverline does that mean that their temp was wrong? TIA

Hi Renee,

I will tell you what I know, hopefully its right! heheh

Pretty much FF used some sort of advanced tool to calculate your coverline and timing and all sorta stuff like that... Your coverline comes after you have a significant rise in temp, over 3 days. It also looks at the other data that you put in (CM and OPK and CP)..

As for the AF coming and the temp not dropping below the coverline.. not sure! Their temp was probably right, but maybe their coverline will change next cycle. Everyone is different but an 'ideal' chart, your temp would stay above the cover line and if there is a pregnancy then the temp should keep rising in an ideal chart.

Hopefully my answer is alright, but I am sure one of the chart gurus in jump in and correct me! I just finished my FF course this week so I am still learning.

Have you done the FF course? Its really informative and I have learnt alot!

ah thanks Ngala sort of starting to make sense yeah i am only up to like course 6 on ff hehe seems like you definately learnt alot from it!

Yahuh!! The last lessons are probably the best.. they showed all different examples of charts and ideal pregnancy charts and it all just came together!

Hi Renee,
    This is from FF FAQ

How does Fertility Friend determine the coverline?

The coverline (the line drawn horizontally across your chart once ovulation is detected) is a visual tool to help you easily see your pre- and post-ovulation temperatures. It has no physiological significance whatsoever so where it is placed does not have much importance as long as it helps you to see your ovulation pattern.

Fertility Friend sets a reasonable coverline based on the pattern of your unique chart.

If the coverline is not where you expected to find it, you may be thinking of the Fertility Awareness Method Rules which place the coverline at one tenth of a degree higher than the 6 previous temperatures before ovulation. If this is the method you wish to use, (it is best suited to those with clear chart patterns), you can use it by adjusting the tuning section in the charting software. The coverline on the advanced (recommended) setting will usually be found a bit lower to avoid unnecessary anxiety during the luteal phase and to recognize more complex ovulation patterns.
    As for AF arriving without a temp drop, that is not ususual (although I am not exactly sure what keeps the temp high)

Geez, I hope that helped...

Tanya

oh Ngala, cant wait for the last lessons then lol
    thanks Tanya makes sense, so confusing though lol