Thread: CP ?'s.....

Red face CP ?'s.....

I have become a little inquisitive about checking the CP.. Anything you can tell me would be of great help, like where it should be at various stages of the cycle and what it feels like.. I feel a bit weird asking such a personal question..
    One other thing, if I am pg, can I do any damage by trying to reach it?

During the beginning of the cycle, the menstrual bleeding, the cervix is normally low and hard and slightly open to allow the blood flow out. It feels like the tip of your nose.
    After the bleeding stops the cervix remains low and hard and the os - the opening to the uterus - remains closed. This will change the closer to ovulation you approach. The cervix rises up to the top of the vagina and becomes softer and softer. At the height of ovulation the cervix feels more like your lips than your nose and the os are open to allow sperm to enter in. Sometimes the cervix seems to disappear - which, of course, it has simply become so soft it blends in with the vagina walls and rises so high that the finger cannot touch it. This is known as SHOW - soft, high, open and wet.
    Once ovulation occurs the cervix drops to low and firm - once again feeling like the tip of your nose. And the os become tightly closed. (The os in a woman who has given birth vaginally will feel more open at all times because of the stretching that occurred at the birth of her baby.) This can happen right away after ovulation to several hours to several days. Again, each woman is unique and needs to find these things out over a several month time frame.
    When pregnancy occurs, the cervix will rise up and become soft, yet the os will remain tightly closed. This occurs at different times in different women. Some women may find that twelve days after ovulation their cervix will do this and is a probable pregnancy sign. Others won’t experience this until well after the pregnancy has been confirmed.
    This is the first month I've actually been checking regularly and seeing the changes. A couple of days ago when I ovulated it was really obvious coz it was really soft and open and slimy (eww...TMI) with ewcm.
    I was wondering the same thing about doing any damage, I don't know!!

Hi ladies,
    If it weren't for checking my cp i would have missed my ovulation day (as my cycles have become pretty long) this is the first time I have felt my cervix on my O day It was extremely soft. I don't imagine you could do any damage by checking you cervix after all think of what happens during BD and a pap smear EEEEWWW

lol, true!

SarahJane - oooh, thanks for that bit of info.. I have only just started checking and am not really sure if I am checking the right thing anyway cause it all just feels lumpy and icky in there.

When the cervix is low, how low is low.. Like how far from the opening of the vagina do you think? Ohh, this is going to far isn't it? Sorry......

Nic - When my cp is high, it's sooo high I have to put myself in a certain position to reach it. When it's low, it's just at the opening, as in no more than an inch. HTH!