Thread: Digital thermometers

Default Digital thermometers

Has anybody used one of those fancy digital thermometers for temping. You know, the ones that cost about $100 that you put in your ear ... they're super safe and you can use them on babies.

I bought one yesterday, and it seems to register a much higher temperature to my $10 digital thermometer which I've been using vaginally. I just wondered if anybody else had noticed the same thing.

I thought that taking your temp via your ear wasn't really accurate, for charting anyway?
    I checked out FF quickly, but couldn't find anything. ](*,) All I could find was that temping vaginally you generally got higher temps than if you temped orally, plus it is more accurate than oral temping.

Sorry I couldn't help you out Cherie!

Nic

Hi Cherie,

I have also heard & Read in medical books that charting with an ear thermometer was not accurate if you are trying to chart for O.

I would stick to the digital ones, im using one at the moment to chart my temps and its pretty accurate, i do have a ear one which i use on my daughter and even then i get different temps in different ears because it depends on the position you put in the ear, i wouldn't use them for charting!

Hope that helps you any!
    Shellstar76

ME 28
    DH 31
    DD 2
    TTC #2

Thanks Nic and Shellstar. I thought as much ... I just would have like a technique that didn't involve me inserting a thermometer vaginally during AF, IYKWIM. It;s just a bit mucky (sorry if way TMI)

no i haven't used them but they will give you a more higher reading than a digital one will - know what you mean about the AF temping - am skipping those temps this month personally - you could experiment and keep track of both temps and see if the increases etc correspond at the same point...

Hi Cherie,

I just take mine orally and it seems to be working just fine for me, i can see the dips and the rises as it should, so if you want something not so mucky take it orally.

Shellstar76