Thread: EWCM after ovulation

Default EWCM after ovulation

Can you have EWCM after you have ovulated, but before AF is due? I had creamy CM during the day, just went to the loo and noticed I had EWCM, and when I changed it on my chart, FF changed my coverline. I had a positive OPK last week, so what could this mean?

I didn't think that you could have EWCM after Oing. You can get creamy though. Are you positive that it was EW and not creamy Al?

Hey Alison, how are your temps going?

Are you able to link your chart so we can check it out?

Hey Alison... here is a quote from the fertility friend site
    Why do I have eggwhite cervical fluid after I have already ovulated?

Some cervical fluid after ovulation is possible because the corpus luteum, though its main function is to produce progesterone, produces estrogen in small amounts. This may cause you to see some fertile-looking cervical fluid, even after ovulation.

If your temperatures and other signs show clearly that you have already ovulated, then you can be confident that you are no longer fertile. It is also not uncommon to confuse semen and eggwhite or watery cervical fluid. Some women also notice some fertile-looking cervical fluid just before menstruation.

However, if your chart does not show clearly that you have already ovulated (with a clear and sustained thermal shift) do not stop having intercourse. Keep on considering the possibility that you are still fertile as long as you see fertile cervical fluid to make sure you don't miss a chance to conceive.
    HTH

Tanya

Thanks for your replies ladies. I am still confused about my CM. Its creamy but there is lots of it, its very watery and can be stretchy at times. I am charting it as creamy though, as I am past ovulation.