Thread: Ferning on Maybe Baby?

Default Ferning on Maybe Baby?

Hello, I have a question for those who have used Maybe Baby for a while.

When you get full ferning, does it cover the whole glass lens, or do you just get an intensive ferning patch right in the middle?

The reason I ask is because I've had some pretty wild ferning, but the bigger and more defined the ferns are, the more the saliva kind of shrinks into a concentrated spot in the middle of the lens. I haven't had any patchy ferns mixed up with spotty bits at all. All the ferns clump together in the one spot. Bearing in mind I've just come of the pill so I may still have unnaturally high levels of oestrogen so none of this may mean anything at all...

I know temping is more accurate, I'm just not ready for that yet...
    :-)

Someone, anyone??

Hi Marydean

I have been using MB for six months now but do not use it all that often, I have never ever seen 'ferns', when I got my +OPK I did it the next morning and the whole lens was covered in a pattern that I had never seen before but was definately not ferning.
    Can't really answer your question though, maybe just try doing different things, more saliva, less saliva, maybe even lick the lens instead of smearing it on.
    Goodluck Marydean, hope you get your BFP soon.

Julia

i dont use MB but is there any way you can ring the hotline or something?

Thanks Julia

I didn't know if my clump of ferns of was really ferning (cos it was distinct, but not over the entire lens) until I did it this morning and those little guys had vanished - pebbles instead! This is great cos it ties in with CM observations and pretty much goes along with what I know about my cycle from the far off distant non-pill past! It's sort of reassuring cos I've been on the pill for over 8 years (how time flies - I didn't realise it was so long until I stopped taking it :eek!

Good luck to you too, Julia, hope you start getting some meaningful info from that MB, everyday we're one day closer to that BFP!

Hi Renee, Just saw your post, I emailed them but I don't think the lady who answered my email understood my question, it was a very "umm I suppose so" kind of answer. However I'm satisfied now that the pattern has changed at the appropriate time that it was ferning and I just have shrinky dried spit!