Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frustrated with observing CM

Fee Guest

Default Frustrated with observing CM

I'm getting so over it!!! I can't figure out what type of CM it is. I've read all the articles blah blah blah.

I get mixed up between creamy and EW. And I don't think I've had watery at all.

Last cycle I recorded so much EW I was thinking perhaps I've got it wrong. The thing that distinguished it (whatever it was) was that it was a big glob. That's the only way I can describe it. But I wouldn't really say it looked like real egg whites.

I'm so confused. :|

Every time I check my CM and get some that is a bit unusual, I come back and read up on the different descriptions. But I'm still confused.

I just had a smallish glob - more stringy than anything. I could stretch it. But it's white. But it's different to the CM I had a few days ago which I recorded as creamy. But isn't EW supposed to be clear?

I might rely more on my temps and hopefully Maybe Baby (when the time comes) as I'm getting fed up with CM!!! :mad:

Fee Guest

Ok I've done more reading about CM obversations from the BB website (not FF) and I've found this:

EWCM is ‘stringy’ hence coming from the word spiderweb. It may appear as a glob, or in smaller amounts in more watery mucus.

Ok so that sounds good - like what I've described above. But then it also says:

Words women use to describe their fertile mucus include:

Wet
    Slippery
    Watery
    Clear
    Thin
    Fluid

It's not wet, slippery or clear... Aagghh!

It does take some practice and patience to work out what's what. I tracked my CM for 6 months prior to TTC and only hand EW once. The fertile cycle that I conceived was not like EW it was clear and slippery. There is a great book called 'Natural Fertility' by Francesca Naish and I used this and the 'Billings Method' book to learn all about CM. Hope that helps. Good luck.

Fee Guest

Hi

I've read "The Natural Way To Better Babies" by Francesca Naish. I might look into the other books you've mentioned.

Thanks

Fee, I look at the colour first... If it's white I say it's creamy... if it is clear I then see how it stretches to distinguish between EW and Watery.

HTH

Tanya

Hey Fee,

If you do a google search for CM pictures that might help (if you're not squeamish LOL).

Good luck!

Fee Guest

Tanya - that's a good idea - checking if it's clear or white first.

Angel - I didn't even think of searching for pics! That's a great idea. I'm not squeamish about it at all.

Fee Guest

And today my CM left a wet patch on my underwear … so I thought perhaps today would be "watery" but no, it's still creamy and white looking when I find it on the toilet paper. But no major globs today! Last night I had a stringy bit though.

*TamaraP* Guest

At least you girls get CM!!! 8-[ 8-[

I get nudda nudda nothing!!! - drives me insane.

Mum says I have her body!!- great, thanks mum #-o

Are you doing internal checks Tamara??
    I have found that if I rely on extrenal checks I get very litte and it's hard to determine what it is.

Tanya

*TamaraP* Guest

Tanya

Yeh I am doing internal checks aswell. I actually found a really good website - I know this will sound weird :-s

But I actually printed the pictures and descriptions and stuck it in the loo (will remember to take it down upon people coming over) 8-[ :-s 8-[

Great idea...LOL at taking it down when visitors come... I can only imagine the questions you would get...

Tanya

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyWife
    Tanya

Yeh I am doing internal checks aswell. I actually found a really good website - I know this will sound weird :-s

But I actually printed the pictures and descriptions and stuck it in the loo (will remember to take it down upon people coming over) 8-[ :-s 8-[
    Tamara, what website is that? Can you PM me over at WC with the details? Someone else recommended that I look at pics of CM on the Net but so far I can't find any good websites.

I see you haven't O'd yet Fee. I thought you would have by now.

I started spotting today so I gues AF will probably be here tomorrow.

Fee Guest

Hi Dave's girl. I have no idea what's going on my cycle. My naturopath thinks I haven't O-ed yet either. She has asked me to bring in my chart when I go back in 3 weeks.

I've had a flat temp for the last few days now. :-s

*TamaraP* Guest

Fee - still no "o"

I had a look at your chart and I don't know - its really weird.

How long have you been off the pill for now?

Mustang Guest

With a 35 day cycle, I don't think it's really a worry that you haven't yet ovulated Fee.
    Good luck.

PS NuttyWife what's the site you mentioned?

Fee Guest

Well my temp has gone up .2 today. And I found a big glob of my "I have no idea what this is" mucus! It's the type that I recorded as EW last cycle but then thought I must have got it wrong (because I had it for so long).

But it's definitely different to the creamy CM I've had over the last week or two. It's the globby, jelly kind. It sorta looked clear but it didn't stretch that much. But it's certainly different to the CM I had the last few days.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast