Thread: help with my chart

Question help with my chart

hey there i recently went on holidays so wasn't temping much... took a few temps before and after to try and see where i was at in my cycle but of course ff gave me no red line because there wasn't enough temps...
    what i did was put in a bunch of temps from last month just to see what it would do but still it didn't give me a red line?? any idea on what i have done wrong?

I think FF hasnt given you a coverline yet because you have had a significant temp rise over three days. Temps on CD 19 and 23 look to be about the same so maybe FF is just a bit confused or you havent O'd yet. Hopefully after a few more days of temps you should get a coverline..

I would discard the temp on CD19 and hang tight. If your temps stay in the same range as they are now, or go higher, you should see your coverlines in the next day or so.

Lisa

so then do u guys think i should still be bding? do u think i havn't od yet?..
    i did discard the temp on cd19...
    i always seem to stuff up when i o i'm so bad at this charting stuff i feel like i will never get pregnant

I would maybe bd every second day or so until for the next week or so.. I think the best way of getting a happy and good result is to ensure you continue to temp everyday. Im on holidays at the moment but set my alarm to the time i would normally get up for work take my temp and go back to sleep as my therometer saves my temp. Good luck... It does happen i promise it took us 6 - 7 mths with wacko cycles to get our angel but our angel baby wasnt meant to be so we are on the journey again... Hold in there it does happen just with time unfortunately... I was feeling the same as you...

Yes, bd every second day until you have a confirmed o date. At the moment your chart isn't showing a clear and sustained temperature shift. That is one of the only clear indicators of ovulation.

It will take you a few months to get the hang of the whole charting thing and you'll find that after a while you'll be able to see your patterns emerging.

Lisa

af is due on 10th though so i thought all over this mth?

I got pregnant when I went away in August and did not do my temps - came back from hols and absoultely no way of knowing if I had O'ed or not. I agree with the others just keep BDing every other day for a week or so.

If you have only recently come off the pill then it may take a while for your cycles to settle down - just enjoy that BDing now before the m/s kicks in!!

Good luck.

i havn't ever been on the pill just can't seem to get the hang of charting

What kind of thermometer do you use? And do you take your temp at the same time each day? You must get at least 3 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

I found the easiest way to temp accurately was to set the alarm for some silly time in the morning like 4.30am or 5 am. Then when the alarm went, I'd pop the thermometer in, put it on the bedside table and go back to sleep again. Then check it and record my temp when I woke.

Are your AFs like clockwork. Are you on a set cycle each and every month? I found that my luteal phase (the days after O) changed according to my O date. For example, I have a pretty regular 27/28 day cycle. If I O'd on CD15, then my LP would be 13 days long. If I O'd on CD12 then my LP would be 16 days long etc etc.

And of course, it is always possible to have the occasional annovulatory cycle as well.

Hang in there, you'll be an old hand at it soon....unless you get a BFP first!

Lisa

It can be very overwhelming to start with but have faith it does get easier did you do the course its free takes i think 20days or so they send you a email a day with info on temping and oing and all that with a little test at the end.... It really helped me i only temped for one month and got our angel baby.... Take it all in your stride enjoy bding and see what happens...

I like your idea mumintaz i might do that next cycle maybe cos with the heat im waking and peeing through the night around 4-5am...

i wake around the same time each day usually and i use a bbt thermometer from the chemist that says its specifically for this kind of thing... my cycles are between 28 - 30 days not sure bout the leutal phase yet though last month ff said it was 9 days

Is it a digital thermometer? And does it record to the second decimal place? They are the best ones for the job.

I don't want to sound picky, but you said that you wake "around the same time each day usually". I'm afraid that in some cases, that just isn't good enough. I found it wasn't for me anyway and I know many other women on the FF message boards say the same. I found that setting the alarm for the same time each day was the ONLY way to get a truly accurate reading for the day.

Oh and after I switched to temping vaginally, it became a lot easier too because vaginal temps are more consistent as they aren't generally influenced by external factors such as mouth breathing and the temperature of the bedroom.

Lisa

yep the thermometer is digital and 2 numbers after the point