Thread: How long is the luteal phase - ie the TWW?

Default How long is the luteal phase - ie the TWW?

Okay question for someone.

Last month cycle was 32 - didn't temp or anything so don't know when I o'd but looking through other charts on FF long cycles tend to be associated with late O. FF thinks I O'd CD12 this cycle so does that mean I can expect my cycle to be much shorter ie between CD24 and CD28 that being a luteal phase of 12- 16 days or can this vary as much as the days prior to O - does this make sense??? Any help would be appreciated.

I'm going to a wedding on Saturday and would like to know if AF is definetly late by then and thus should test before (again cause I gave in a few days ago to no avail) and if BFN can enjoy a little champas or whether I should wait out the full 32 days (this would give me a luteal phase of 20 days).

This is all assuming AF doesn't arrive before then of course - which I feel like she will.

just writing to you in the other forum while you were doing this one I think.

i've got the fortel ultra sitting in the cupboard (bought a box of two and wasted one at 10DPO) so will try and wait until Friday morning or Sat morning if I can and do it then - that should give AF plenty of time to show

Forgot the first time - thanks for your help

Fee Guest

A good LP should be 12 days or longer according to a book I have.

My last cycle was 30 days but I O-ed on CD20 giving me a LP of 10 days which is a bit short.

The cycle before that was 36 days and I O-ed on CD23 which is a LP of 13 days.

So it keeps changing for me!

You could expect your cycle to be shorter having O-ed on CD12, but I don't think this is always the case.

With my last cycle I O-ed 3 days earlier than the one before so I expected my entire cycle to be 3 days shorter - but in fact it was 6 days shorter. So I have no idea what it's doing!!!

My last luteal phase was 17 days. I'm not sure how long this one's going to be ... currently 16 days and counting lol. But it definitely varies from person to person.

My luteral phase is avereaging 14 days but ranges between 12-15. I suppose 14 is meant to be the average or else it wouldn't be called the two week wait huh! \/

*TamaraP* Guest

The Luteal Phase is the time period beginning with the day after ovulation and running through the remainder of your menstrual cycle (it ends the day before your next period). Typically, the duration of the luteal phase phase lasts between 10 and 16 days - and is generally consistent from cycle to cycle, averaging for most women at 14 days.

Hope that helps.

Mine was normally 10days.

Mine was always 12 days. You can't really tell what it is unfortunately until you've been charting for a few months to see the pattern emerge.

Generally your LP will not chnge more than a day or so. Ovulation date however can, so if you think last time was about 12 days long then you could expect this one to be 11-13 days long & the cycle to be shorter than last time.

Does that make sense?!

thanks for everyones help but here's hoping I won't need it for a while cause I've got the faintest second line on two HPTs today so I'm having a baby next June.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jaspen
    thanks for everyones help but here's hoping I won't need it for a while cause I've got the faintest second line on two HPTs today so I'm having a baby next June.
    Wow jaspen congratulations!

:bluestick: inkstick: