Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How old were you when you got your first AF?

Red face How old were you when you got your first AF?

Hi girls,

(Mods - please move this if in wrong section)

Just as a thought, and curiousity, at what age were you when you first received your periods?!!?

I was FIRST DAY of year 10, aged 14yrs turning 15yrs. I think i was a late bloomer in that department as most of my friends at school got their periods when they were in year8 or year9!

Mid yr 8 so I would have been 13.5

I got mine when i was 10 yrs old!! i was in yr 5

I hated getting them that early because i grew breasts before anyone else in my class and i also put on alot of weight

Anzac day of year 8! I was 13. DD1 got hers in April 2006 so she was 14 and a bit. (she had hers the day of my baby shower for DS so got lots of sympathy from my friends)

i think i was 12 turning 13 the next month ... it was abt august and i was in year 7

I was an early bird. I got mine at age 10! I was mortified as i didn't know what was happening. My mum never really spoke to me about it before as i was young so she prob thought it was a way off yet. I dreaded it every month because i still didn't fully understand.

wow, kimnastics it looks like you and i WERE late bloomers compared to other girls!! lol i didnt mind though... my younger sister got hers at age 16!!! mum was worried!

Mum would give me a pencil case with pads in it and a spare pair of undies (black ones) to carry to school since year7 incase i got my periods and i always worried another school kid would find it and tease me!!! lol but noone never did thank goodness. but im so glad mum prepared me for it and on the day it happened, i had that pencil case

mummycate Guest

Didn't have it in grade 7, and didn't have it when I started grade 8 but sometime in that year. I honestly don't remember my first one. School was so hard on me the teasing, ostracising...

2 months off my 11th birthday..i remember getting them and at the time my mum had left my dad so he was trying to *look* after me...but in the end spoke to my big sis and she helped me deal with this 'tragic' thing that kept returning each month!!

I remember one day in yr 6..had the worst cramps....got home to find the back of my yellow dress painted with blood....man i was embarrassed

I was early in every department...boobies were huge by yr 6...

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

I was 15 and in year 10 and all my friends had theres ages before me!
    started to get breasts in grade 6 and got first bra then.

I was 13yrs away on a school excursion, so had to go see a school teacher for some supplies

Got mine mid year of Grade 7 which would of made me 12. I remember I was lucky enough to be on school holidays so was able to get over the "shock" of it without worrying about what to do while at school. I remember being terrified!!

Grade 8, I was 13. Totally unexpected one day at school - very embarrassing!!!

I got mine sometime during year 10, so around 15. I started to gets boobs in year 7 but took a while for af!! And damn that witch she's making me suffer now!

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Mid year 7, so around 12/13. I woke up with it, and was way too scared to tell my mum, so snuck into her bathroom and stole pads. Then told her after school that day. She hadnt spoken to me about it, but i learnt all about it in sex ed, so glad id learnt about it somewhere at least!

I got mine midway through grade 7 and my DD just got hers today ( boo hoo ) and she is entering yr 8. My mum, sister and grandma all got them early as well.

I was 13 and on school camp. Luckily i am a twin and my sister had had hers for a couple of months already so she had supplies. I was excited cos she got hers first i felt i was missing out. Hmm the excitedment didnt last long

Butterfly_Princess Guest

Both mum and i dreaded the day my sister got hers. She has a learning disability and usually doesnt understand pain and blood. But she has handled it really well, from what i know of...
    Last edited by Butterfly_Princess; December 31st, 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast