Thread: Long Luteal Phase and late O and Progesterone

Default Long Luteal Phase and late O and Progesterone

Hi,

Just wondering if it is normal to have a LP of 18 days and to O as late as day 18 of cycle?

This has been happening since giving birth to DD, before that my LP was 12 days, but I still Oed around day 18.

I am taking natural progesterone cream from day 14 of cycle and I am not sure what day to stop before AF. Need to get cycles worked out before TTC#2

hi, im not sure at all, but hopefully someone on here can help you out

Oing late is ok... I have goten pregnant twice Oing on CD 23. As for a long LP... I can't see how it would hurt. How many cycles have you had since DD? Maybe your body is getting back into the swing of things, which can take a while
    As for when to stop progesterone cream... I have no idea

Tanya

Hi Tanya,

I have had around 8 cycles since DD and I only breastfeed for 8 weeks. I did however have a miscarriage on my 3rd cycle, then I started the progesterone which doc told me to take everyday of my cycle. That sortened my cycles to 21days and I spotted nearly the whole time. This last cycle I started taking prog on day 14 and have continued until now day 33. So I guess my situation is a little messed up.

I will continue to chart and see if I start to get a pattern going. I am thinking that my body may be taking its time to get over pregnancy and miscarriage.

Thanks for your help

12bliss Guest

Hi,

My last two cycles were similar, i ovulated on CD19 and LP went for 15 days, (first cycle) and CD20 ovulation and still waiting for something and i am on CD32 currently so i am not sure, just letting you knwo its not only u... good luck