Thread: Low flat temps!

ann Guest

Default Low flat temps!

Hi Ladies,

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas about my low flat temps.

I haven't chartered for a few months due to the fact of why bother (I'm sure some of you know what I'm talking about)

I o'd 5 days ago, this I know. Temps for the last 4 days haven't changed 36.3.

I know my thermometer is working as I have been checking throughout the day.

When I was temping before, early in my cycle I would get low flat temps but not after O'ing.

Have been TTC since Dec 01, clomid 9 months, 4 failed IVF cycles.

Help!!!!!!

Ann

I guess my first question would be how you know that you've o'd without a temp rise? Even if you're monitoring CM as well, your body can produce several patches of ewcm without ovulating while it's trying to get your hormone levels high enough to release an egg. The temp rise is generally the definitive sign that it's actually managed to do so.

36.3 sounds low for post - O, but you've charted previously so you should know what's normal for you? Normal for me post O is usually up around 36.8 or above.

I'm thinking you haven't actually ovulated yet.

ann Guest

Well the reason I know that I o'd was O pain, blood mucus, cramps and sore bb's on and off, these are my classic symptoms of O'ing, I must say though I did O earlier this cycle, CD 12.

Ann

Hmmm...I'd still be going with not O'ing yet. While the things you've described can be signs of ovulation, they are signs of other things as well so for the purposes of charting are considered "secondary" signs.
    Sounds more to me like it's trying but it hasn't happened yet. Once it happens the progesterone should make your BBT rise since you said that you always had a temp rise previously. Your body's reaction to the progesterone after O isn't likely to change for any reason. Some women don't have temp rises, but generally they are women who have never ever had them iykwim?

If you know your therm. is working, is it only to one decimal point? i know mine in the past few days would be a flat line if only going to one decimal point, but using a therm. to 2 decimal points there is some change from 36.69--- 36.65----36.69---- 36.63 or else it would have been 36.6 for 4 days.
    Maybe an idea to get a differnet one to shed some more light on your temps.

That was exactly what I was going to say Summer. Great minds must think alike.