Thread: Low temps?

Default Low temps?

Hi Ladies,
    Received my thermometer last night in the mail, so this morning I took my temp before I got out of bed and it was only 34.5. Does that sound strange to anyone?

It does seem rather low! Are you prone to sleeping with your mouth open? That can effect things. Also check to make sure you have the thermometer under your tongue properly, and to be really sure I would hold mine in my mouth for a while to let the temperature stabilise before I turned it on - just to make sure it was more accurate.

BW

i dont know if I sleep with my mouth open!! Do you mean put it in position in your mouth, close your mouth, then turn the thermometer on a few mins later?

Yep, exactly that!

Also make sure you don't speak to anyone before taking your temp!

BW

LOL... hehehehe.. Sorry just sounds funny... Id do what bw said and if its the same sort of temp tomorrow might be a faulty one..

maybe change the battery just in case?

I'd hope its not a flat battery seeing that it is brand new!

Just confirmed with DH that I sleep with my mouth wide open, so I'll give butterfly warriors suggestion a go in the morning and see what happens.

Can anyone tell me how I put my FF chart in my signature? Thanks!

If you do sleep with your mouth open quite a lot, it may end up being easier to temp vaginally... it's not something I ever wanted to do, but after a few weeks of being aware of it, and making sure my mouth was firmly clamped shut as I drifted off to sleep, everything seemed to sort out. It does take a bit to get the hang of temping! Hang in there!

BW

I followed your suggestion this morning and got a temp of 37.01. I think I'll avoid doing it vaginally if I can.
    Thanks for your help!