Thread: Maybe Baby - Partial Ferning

sophabulous Guest

Default Maybe Baby - Partial Ferning

I'm only on CD6 and got my Maybe Baby today, so I thought, for fun, I'd test it out to see how it worked...

To my surprise... there they were. Little ferns dotted in various spots on the microscrope! :shock: I did it twice just to make sure!!

Is that even possible this early in my cycle? I'm on my second clomid day today (first cycle) - but it's a little early for Oing isn't it? Or am I getting a wrong result?

sophabulous Guest

Oops, I thought I put this in the OPK discussion. Can a mod please move it for me?... sorry

*TamaraP* Guest

Just letting you know, Maybe Baby doesn't detect Ovulation, only your fertile days

sophabulous Guest

Thanks Tamara

So I'm fertile, but not O'ing... This is too hard this stuff... makes my head hurt ](*,)

*TamaraP* Guest

Hehe, your telling me!!! - I didn't start using MB until about CD10 for that reason and then stopped using it on CD20.

livvy Guest

I find that I get ferning pretty much everyday throughout the month. Although sometimes the ferning is much stonger than other times. I don't think the MB works for everyone. Good luck

sophabulous Guest

OK, this is getting silly...

This morning, used the Maybe Baby as soon as I woke up and hadn't had anything to eat or drink and just got pebbles.

Did it again around 11:30 this morning after I had my scan, still hadn't had anything to eat yet, and now I have ferns all over the place!!

What on earth is going on?? :shock: Do people have results vary this much depending on the time of day?

*TamaraP* Guest

Okay Sophie It says to test first thing of a morning, I never did. I normally did it throughout the day.

ABout 1hour after eating and drinking.

The morning breath and mucous can make your window cloudy and not give you are clear result. SO I tested throughout the day and noticed I got a better clearer window.

livvy Guest

I agree - it is better to test later in the day - but make sure you have not eaten or had anythig (but water) to drink for at least an hour. It didn't work in the morning for me - something to do with morning saliva. I am still getting full on ferns everyday ... so I am getting a bit annoyed with it.

sophabulous Guest

Thanks so much guys... I swear I was going insane. I had such full on ferning tonight it was ridiculous, and I can guarantee I'll have nothing but pebbles when I test tomorrow morning

Thanks for your support

Defaintly not going insane sophabulous. Ferning is quite hard to get used to. Im finding it hard with the colder weather trying not to have a warm drink and test. I had a play as well when i first got it. And had differnet results due to putting too much salvia on there, not enough, not letting it dry enough before looking as well.
    Combine this with using other methods to detect ovulation such as your BBT, OPks, checking CM etc and it will give you a better chance of working out when you are O and need to BD!
    Good LucK

Just thought that I would add that I have thought that I was going insane as I was getting similar things happen. Now, thanks to you lovely ladies, I know that I'm not.