Thread: mittelschmerz pain and double ov

Default mittelschmerz pain and double ov

hi All
    i was just wondering i normally notice ov pain on one side each cycle it was my right last month but this month it was both sides is that linked to two eggs being released at the same time.
    also i got cm a day earlier and it lasted 6 days all together which is more than i normally get it would normally last only 2 or 3 days

i also got really bad sharp pain on my left side on the first day of my af any one else ever get this

Hi Niamh
    From what I know, it is very unusual to release 2 eggs at a time, and not from both sides as the ovaries would have simulatneously have gone through the whole egg cycle, which doesn't sound right to me.
    I don't know what a cm is!! (I'm new to the forum!)
    A sharp pain in your side should be checked out if it is outside of ov time, just to be safe. I get the ov pain each cycle, but never af pain!

Hi Deirdre
    thanks for replying ild forgotten i posted about this

The pain i got at af was a once off thank god i was talking to my friend about it she taught it could have been the corpus lithium on the ovary. but i haven't had any trouble since then.

I should have said egg whit cervical mucus in stead of cm i had it for about 6 days ive read it can indicate i didnt ovulate as i was sure we got it right and i would be pregnant but af came early.. i didnt get that bad pain this time either when i got af just a little af pain the normal. ive started charting now to make sure i am and to check my lutreal phase is the right length. i was so sure we got it right this month so wana make sure its all working right.

Any way thanks and welcome youll love chatting on here every one is great.it wont be long before you know all the meanings of every thing