Thread: More confused then when i started

Default More confused then when i started

Ok, i've only just started ttc and because i'm fairly sure i'm just about to have a period (i cant remember the date of my last) I haven't been bothering with basal body temp yet, however my cycle has been known to last up to 6 weeks so its a little haywire and i've been attempting to instead monitor mucus and cervical position.
    A few days ago the mucus was thicker and cervix was relatively low, however today mucus is clear and watery and my cervix is quite high but hard. I've been trying to look up information on the internet to try and figure out at least a rough estimation of where i am in my cycle but i've just been more confused. Help!! Does your cervix go down and then go high again even after you ovulate? I just would have thought i already did coz it's been a few weeks since my last period.

Hi Jade,
    I am pretty sure that High soft and open that means you are fertile. Low and hard is infertile. Watery mc is usually fertile. Sounds like you are fertile.
    Good luck!

Hi Jade

I have been using Fertility Friend (google it) and it gives you an idea where you are in your cycle. I have been recording temps but you can also record CM. Also has heaps of information about TTC. Maybe give that a try.

I know what it is like to have long cycles, I am currently on CD39 and trying to wait a few more days before I do HPT. It's very tempting to do it now but I know how disappointing it is to do a test and then get BFN, so just got to be patient.....

This is my first month TTC so hopefully body is using this cycle to sort itself out

Good luck
    Last edited by jen-b; April 20th, 2007 at 11:21 AM.

If it was low and firm with watery CM, I would say that you are about to get your period - the corpus luteum can be watery as it leaves your body if you are not pg in the days before AF comes.

But a combination of high CP & watery CM would probably be fertile.

Good luck!

Thanks heaps for the info about Fertility Friend, I just signed up, just bought myself a basal thermometer and psyched to start charting.
    Also, you were right Sally, i got my period today hehe. Now that i know where i am i reckon i'll be right now to correctly do this.

Yes it's good to know where you are. Come and join us in ttc 1-6 months thread.

Smile

hi jade, good on you for buying the thermometor as it is your first point of reference for the day!

I used the book Taking Charge Of Your Fertility by Toni Weschler and it was fantastic, I just happened upon it at the local library and fell pregnant in the second month of charting. It's a great book if you can find it!